Everything you asked for about light testing. Which is first? You decide! | BRStv Investigates

RudyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure I am not the only one with a quarantine or grow out tank for corals. I would like to see how some of the low priced square 165w dimmable LED's work as a affordable option for those tanks. I have seen some that the spectrum can be controlled at less than half the price of others. Are they worth it?

Hamada

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This.

My buddy has a tank that looks phenomenal with great growth under a Current Orbit Marine Pro. But seems when you mention that brand in the community it's kinda shrugged off as cheap junk.

Thats why we need a review from the BRS Team!

zsuzsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cut to the chase and just use some radium halides as your reference standard, then everything else in comparison, btw you guys are gr8, you do the stuff we all would try if we could, keep it up. zsu

ChicagoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys asked and we are going to answer!

In today's video, Ryan explains the methodology of this new testing series where we put each type of lighting source to the test. He describes what we will be testing for as well as how the tests will be conducting !

Can't wait! Thanks BRS!!

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've tested several lighting options since this video came out. Were you looking for info on a specific one? (We may have tested it already! :) )

I'm on the app so it's harder for me to see all the previous posts lol sorry. I was mainly looking for the video that showed the main comparisons between led, metal halide, etc.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS Have you guys tested the Maxspect R5X yet? I got one of the first ones available before the public. It’s been 9 months and so far having good luck with it.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on the app so it's harder for me to see all the previous posts lol sorry. I was mainly looking for the video that showed the main comparisons between led, metal halide, etc.

We haven't done a direct comparison video like that, but in a few other videos I'm sure Ryan has briefly discussed it. You may be able to find some comparison tid-bits in the videos below that shortly came after the one in this original thread. :)

What's the best PAR for SPS corals? | BRStv Investigates
Testing the Giesemann Spectra Hybrid light fixture for SPS corals | BRStv Investigates
Exploring everything about the ATI Sunpower T5 fixture | BRStv Investigates
https://youtu.be/nJKp33HUim0

@randyBRS Have you guys tested the Maxspect R5X yet? I got one of the first ones available before the public. It’s been 9 months and so far having good luck with it.

We haven't tested that one specifically just yet, but I think Ryan has a to-do to test a Maxpect light in the near future. :)

Doubbler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checking in to see if the jbj Orion Lt 120 had been tested yet. There is still absolutely no info on it yet.

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The current USA R24 50 watt. Please There are huge differences in reported par.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back