eviota atriventis aka blackbelly dwarfgoby

Ninic Luka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yesterday i placed an order through my lfs and ordered 3 blackbelly dwarfgoby for my pico reef. i did my research but there is not much info on them talked to felicia from biota and came to conclusion that they are not hardest fish to feed even they are really small. so now just looking to hear more more experiences with this particular sp of fish.
happy reefing

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a long and not so good video showing among others this goby Eviota atriventris probably spawning. I had them for several years and they was not difficult to have. the tank was 20 L- around 17 minutes into the video something show up in the rocks.

Sincerely Lasse

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had three of these guys for over a year. They are so cute. A bit criptic at first. In fact, I had four until I did a water change and counted three so was happy and found it in the sink the next day. Not happy. I had ordered 5, but one was lost first day.

When beginning, feed the TDO B2 Boost diet. That is what they are raised on at Biota. Make sure to have lots of hidy holes for them. Feed often just a little bit. Mine will now take almost anything I put in. They love the Roe and these tiny pellets from spectrum.

Mine seem to be mating as one gets super fat for a while, then skinny. Then fat again. :) I have never found the eggs though. They get very bright in color once established.

Attachments

• Dec 30 2021-3.jpg
    Dec 30 2021-3.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
Ninic Luka

Ninic Luka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had three of these guys for over a year. They are so cute. A bit criptic at first. In fact, I had four until I did a water change and counted three so was happy and found it in the sink the next day. Not happy. I had ordered 5, but one was lost first day.

When beginning, feed the TDO B2 Boost diet. That is what they are raised on at Biota. Make sure to have lots of hidy holes for them. Feed often just a little bit. Mine will now take almost anything I put in. They love the Roe and these tiny pellets from spectrum.

Mine seem to be mating as one gets super fat for a while, then skinny. Then fat again. :) I have never found the eggs though. They get very bright in color once established.
i dont have acces to those foods i have acces to small frozen foods like red plankton cyclops and copepods

OP
OP
Ninic Luka

Ninic Luka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a long and not so good video showing among others this goby Eviota atriventris probably spawning. I had them for several years and they was not difficult to have. the tank was 20 L- around 17 minutes into the video something show up in the rocks.

Sincerely Lasse

what did they eat i have acces to small foods like red plankton cyclops and copepods

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what did they eat i have acces to small foods like red plankton cyclops and copepods
Freshwater cyclops - its always my standard together with frozen adult artemia. This aquarium is raised on that

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Ninic Luka

Ninic Luka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

how do you know which is male and which is female i have 3 one is smaller and has belly and bright colours other 2 are bigger dont have belly and arw not as bright as the other one

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sometimes do, but this was a full tank cleanout that I do every so often. I have been ill and was a bit brain fogged and missed the fish on the floor next to the bucket. I thought it was a bristle worm and should have looked twice. Dumb, dumb. Mine are out a lot and so cute.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back