Evo 13.5 updated stock to marine 3.0

ewoolpert

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was sick of the levels of white of the stock light. Wanted to keep the hood so I updated to the fluval marine 3.0. The fit is great but I am not 100% sure on pro settings. Any recommendations? Post your marine 3.0 settings below.
BFF2ACFD-D9F3-4C3A-AB6E-5A704682B007.png

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

Brannersandmash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was sick of the levels of white of the stock light. Wanted to keep the hood so I updated to the fluval marine 3.0. The fit is great but I am not 100% sure on pro settings. Any recommendations? Post your marine 3.0 settings below.
What tank is this running on I've just put a sea nano .3 on a fluval evo

Brannersandmash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When u say u kept the good is that the one that comes with the tank ?

ConnivingPigeon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious as well. I have some LPS that's not doing well, and from what I can see from the params, they're in a normal range .. I'm wondering if there's too much/little light

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes any input is welcome

I read that WWC ramps up their lighting over a short period of time in the morning and gives the corals an hour break of decreased lighting at some point during the day. I don't remember the exact reasoning for that. I incorporated these two things into my schedule, but did a half an hour break instead of a full hour. I based the levels off of the graph below. Even though white and red light this high appears to be unnecessary, I eventually set them to these levels simply because that is the look I like.

1635090463677.png

1635090805985.png

Last edited:

Just John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious about this as well. Does it fit the stock hood on the evo 13.5?

Yep. Here is a post of mine from another thread:

It fits really well, except it requires some trimming to keep it completely level. You don't have to trim it, but you will probably want to at some point. On the first picture you can see a thin strip on the holder that goes down the side of the tank to prevent the light from falling in. That needs to be cut off of one end, as I mentioned. If you have a Dremel tool, it's easy to cut or grind it off in two minutes. A hack saw would work too. Don't worry, the light can't fall in when it's in the lid and this does not need to be done to use the light. The other end goes in the feeder hole. There is a small gap along the sides of the light when it's in the lid, but not too big. I like it because it helps to circulate the air under the hood. The timing functions are more useful than I would have thought. That alone is a good reason for a new light IMO. Everyone says consistency is key for good growth. That guarantees it with lighting. (Just a helpful hint if you get it, it will be much easier to delete all of the time points under Pro and then add them back in as you go along. You'll see what I mean.)

1619104002207.png

1619104228677.png

RobbieMaynard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Here is a post of mine from another thread:

It fits really well, except it requires some trimming to keep it completely level. You don't have to trim it, but you will probably want to at some point. On the first picture you can see a thin strip on the holder that goes down the side of the tank to prevent the light from falling in. That needs to be cut off of one end, as I mentioned. If you have a Dremel tool, it's easy to cut or grind it off in two minutes. A hack saw would work too. Don't worry, the light can't fall in when it's in the lid and this does not need to be done to use the light. The other end goes in the feeder hole. There is a small gap along the sides of the light when it's in the lid, but not too big. I like it because it helps to circulate the air under the hood. The timing functions are more useful than I would have thought. That alone is a good reason for a new light IMO. Everyone says consistency is key for good growth. That guarantees it with lighting. (Just a helpful hint if you get it, it will be much easier to delete all of the time points under Pro and then add them back in as you go along. You'll see what I mean.)

1619104002207.png

1619104228677.png
Cool thanks. Wish the price would come down and I am jumping on it.

Just John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thanks. Wish the price would come down and I am jumping on it.

This is something you can do in the meantime. I added this and I really like it. I glued it to the underside of the lid with two part epoxy. One of the reviews on there is from someone who added it to a 13.5 too. They added two instead of replacing the stock light.
( if you are interested in this light, the Amazon description says that it has both white and blue LEDs, but it is all blue LEDs)

1635306970203.png

1635306987142.png

BWV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the Marine 3.0 and sent it back.

I agree it fit nicely, and would have been perfect just trimming the one ear down on the left.

What I did not like was that it was not as bright, it cast more shadows due to the array being narrower, and it had a pink tinge to the light with all set to 100%. Even adjusting the pink out, and matching the color the best i could... It still was not impressive, as it was notably dimmer. I dont have a PAR meter.. maybe my eyes were wrong.

Just my two cents.. not worth the 160 spent... I'm thinking of making my own.
The first OE lamp failed.. so they had me cut the cord off. I may use that heat sink/housing for a DIY light.. dunno.
Im looking at the Aquatic Life WiFi Edge stuff.. they claim more light (it draws 36 watts..so maybe) but it looks way too long... I might find another OE cover to mod.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 156 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 35.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.5%
Back