Evolution led lights

mjplumber

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are they holding up for those of you that have them.

Has anyone sent one in for warranty yet?

Is anyone using the 200watt 2g Model?

gumby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv been thiking about getting the same one! Havent decided on the 14 or 20k though.

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got the 120watt ones doing great. now back to the growth i just beat HA and byropsis!

CookieJar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 120 watt 20K really makes my LPS pop, and I just purchased a 50Watt one for my frag tank. Great value.

divewsharks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just put a 120w 14k on my frag tank, too early to give a report though.
i do wish it had a better hanging kit, like ATI Sunpower/Powermodules.

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard lots of good things about these. Still debating on wether or not I should change to LEDs or if the technology is still going to progress further.

divewsharks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard lots of good things about these. Still debating on wether or not I should change to LEDs or if the technology is still going to progress further.

me too, that is why i'm starting with my frag/prop tank and not my DT.

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I unfortunately don't have a frag tank. Wish I did, only my display. ..... Sigh.......

raymond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im waiting on better info on if the leds grow rates are as good as the other lights we been using for years, but i think im buy one and put it on my frag tank as see what happens

MyLady

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These LEDs have come with great recomendations from lots of other forums that I post too. If I had the $, I would get them myself. Since I am broke most of the time, I will be doing a DIY setup over an experimental tank. I too, would like to hear about the customer service and possible warrenty repair.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't own one but I got a chance to see one in person the other day and it looked like a nice fixture the color was pretty nice also... I don't see warranty being issue since u.s. Based companies are distributing them but you never know I guess.... From what I saw I think there gonna do
Pretty well overall...;)

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have pics showing the difference in color between the 14k with all leds on and the 20k with all leds on? If you all don't mind, how about just posting pics of the light and how the tank/corals/fish look under them.

koga57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to

evolutionledlight dot com

scroll all the way down and you'll see the 14K versus 20K comparison.

I have the 120W 14K over a frag tank and couldn't be happier.

David

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own one and use it it my sump. They are nice very build to them good coverage and par. I only use it in my sumo for right now for reverse osmo, but once my new frag tank is up it will be going on that,

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you in new jersey maybe you can swing by and look at mine it you are close, get some first hand with it.

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you in new jersey maybe you can swing by and look at mine it you are close, get some first hand with it.

Are you talking to me? If so, I would love to swing by and check out the light, but one problem. I live in Southern California, haha. Thanks though.

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had mine on my tank for almost 6 months with no regrets growth has been amazing my tank stays at a constant 77 degrees. the only issue that i have with them is they are so dang blue. You of course can make the decision rather you want a 14 or 20k version. I am rather disappointed but hey i did get mine on the group buy deal so they did come a few bucks less. oh yeah i got the 120 watt version and am rocking a ton of sps.
2d9d18h.jpg

this was in november all of my stuff has grown into nice sized colonies thsi is just to give you a clue as to how many sps it is supporting

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking to me? If so, I would love to swing by and check out the light, but one problem. I live in Southern California, haha. Thanks though.

No i was talking to the OP, if you would like i can ship you the fixture and you can ship it back thats the best i can do there lol.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back