Examining the Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid fixture | BRStv Investigates

iemsparticus

The Addiction is Real
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, great. It's been less then 24 hours since I decided on a light, and now I want this. Is this worth the investment for a new hobbiest? Or should I just hold off?
I can speak for myself at least when I say that I love the Kessil T5 combo... and this would be a very affordable why to do that. Obviously you can go with many LEDs for this fixture, and going the AI route would be less expensive, but my preference is the Kessil shimmer. :)

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can speak for myself at least when I say that I love the Kessil T5 combo... and this would be a very affordable why to do that. Obviously you can go with many LEDs for this fixture, and going the AI route would be less expensive, but my preference is the Kessil shimmer. :)
The kessil and T5 would be my choice for sure, I fully agree. One day you'll be able to pass me a glass of koolaid. ;)

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having a hard time deciding between Kessils A360’s or AP700 or Two Radion XR15PRO ‘s G4’s . I am trying to figure out what might be best for my 48in AquaticLife T5/Hybrid over my 75g tank build ..

Open and welcome any suggestions, from al of you all.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having a hard time deciding between Kessils A360’s or AP700 or Two Radion XR15PRO ‘s G4’s . I am trying to figure out what might be best for my 48in AquaticLife T5/Hybrid over my 75g tank build ..

Open and welcome any suggestions, from al of you all.

Similar here.

I have a 48" for over a sps dominant 150G 48"x24"x30" high build I'm starting. I'm torn between xr15pros and kessil 360's (potentially narrow versions). Trying to gather opinions and data to decide.

iemsparticus

The Addiction is Real
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cannot beat the look of Kessil/T5. And, with that combo, you will have more than enough PAR to grow wall to wall SPS.

The A360NEs have a 60 degree lense, I wouldn’t particularly want to use those for this application, unless you are trying to provide low light spots around the tank for LPS and Softies.

61BB5168-8827-4650-A824-F9CFCA21B1AB.jpeg

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am up to 7 LEDs over mt 6 ft tank. 4x A360we's and 3 hydra 52s.

Ive run out of room

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar here.

I have a 48" for over a sps dominant 150G 48"x24"x30" high build I'm starting. I'm torn between xr15pros and kessil 360's (potentially narrow versions). Trying to gather opinions and data to decide.

I have had some people tell me to got the plug and play route with ( Kessils) and others tell me I would have great success with the XR15PRO ‘s . I think with any of the options we can have success. I won a free Ecotech Marine Reef Link and that’s why I am thinking of taking advantage of my ReefLink and going with XR15PRO’s .

Roggio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really curious how long the veteran reefers are running the t5's as supplemental lighting. I saw where @jfox (Jason Fox) runs his T5's for five hours a day on his tank with Metal Halide. I have never used t5's so I'm at a loss here. For reference I run Radions and SPS dominant.

Unregistered User

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best solution for any LED/T5 combo tank yet when talking about PAR distribution alone!!
Make sure you understand that PAR is only part of the equation.
But PAR is also what many of the people lay on.
The T5s are for the uniformity of light and the Kessils are the best LED option for the combo.
It's definitely not like having a MH/T5 combo in regards to the very best offer of light distribution and intensity, but it is something to consider for smaller tanks and for those who really really really like the LED world...
The contrast comes with shadows from the LEDs.
In nature the shadows are much less, like when MHs are applied to the combo.
It comes closer than many options though.

Not my intention to fire the thread/video at all, nor end your party, just putting my observations here.
Great video as aways!!
Doors are open and people will get 'em! ;Greedy
Enjoy!
Grandis.

Curious I am setting up my first reef tank. I had just decided on the
kessils 360w tuna blue . However, this could be a great option with future flexibility. I feel I'm more open minded to T5 then most. I would not stay with such a high cost LED. I don't think this kessil would fit
Worth it.

Start with this, add your choice of LED fixtures into it later.

That is such a smart idea. Lol, why didn't I think of that!

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to ask a question on this thread for my build. I currently have a 75g with a 4 ft Aquaticlife hybrid , and now I am trying to decide on which LED set up. I am really thinking that I can most likely get away with a pair of AI Primes . Most likely this tank will be a mixed Reef at first then maybe latter to a SPS dominant tank. Here is a picture let me know what you all think [emoji848] open for suggestions especially from BRS [emoji12]I am thinking the AI Primes will add the LED light that I need. Pleas let me know ...

084458d9980f8cfe64d0cbb871e2ab00.jpg

Current bulb choice :

2 ATI Coral Plus
2 ATI Actinic’s

MapleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the 48” as well and plan on using kessils. I like the stand alone feature and the fact I already have a Kessil controller here. Plus I really like the shimmer they give off. My 2 cents

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to ask a question on this thread for my build. I currently have a 75g with a 4 ft Aquaticlife hybrid , and now I am trying to decide on which LED set up. I am really thinking that I can most likely get away with a pair of AI Primes . Most likely this tank will be a mixed Reef at first then maybe latter to a SPS dominant tank. Here is a picture let me know what you all think [emoji848] open for suggestions especially from BRS [emoji12]I am thinking the AI Primes will add the LED light that I need. Pleas let me know ...

084458d9980f8cfe64d0cbb871e2ab00.jpg

Current bulb choice :

2 ATI Coral Plus
2 ATI Actinic’s
I would go with kessil a360we, did you mount both of those brackets in studs or not? Just curious because mounting is my only reason for not buying yet.

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with kessil a360we, did you mount both of those brackets in studs or not? Just curious because mounting is my only reason for not buying yet.

Ok thank for the input leepink23. I mounted the brackets to studs in my wall. But I am sure you can get away with just mounting with Sheetrock anchors . The fixture only weighs like 15lbs , which is the same as like a ATI 4 bulb fixture. So I would worry to much , just order your light [emoji12]

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank for the input leepink23. I mounted the brackets to studs in my wall. But I am sure you can get away with just mounting with Sheetrock anchors . The fixture only weighs like 15lbs , which is the same as like a ATI 4 bulb fixture. So I would worry to much , just order your light [emoji12]
Thanks!

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I went with the Kessils on a 48inch tank. I took my XR30 Radion G4 pros off because I always missed that Kessil shimmer. With Kessils and T5 I don’t have to worry about lighting or spectrum. Spend my time worrying about other things.

e8f1baee43ce18c6ad64a5f71d91d7cf.jpg

76c7da7156bac0bde542de2158fa02c0.jpg

I used the Neptune LSM for moonlights.

Video of it on my tank -

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back