EXCLUSIVE Radion G5 Light & Packaging Photos from EcoTech Marine!

Reef News

Latest Reef News
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We pulled some strings to get you guys a few exclusive (pre-launch) cell phone photos of the new Radion G5 from EcoTech Marine. We'll follow these images with the official product info and image thread that some of you have already seen but I thought you would still like to see more real deal photos. So here you go!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better be worth it! Especially if it’s costing a kidney!
I really have no interest in buying them... yet. I literally just bought 2 gen 4s 3 moths ago, when my hydras died. Hands down best light I've ever owned. And I didnt even buy the pro(looking back I should have just spent the extra couple bucks) but the spectrum and balance is still amazing, and my corals absolutely love it. I have a plan to get a new custom tank built in the next 2 years, so maybe the gen 6 will be coming out so I can get these at a steal Haha. But I'm curious about the visual brightness and blue overtone on say the AB+ program with the blue compared to the pro.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to upgrade mine!!!
Do we know the prices yet between the two yet?

That made me laugh. I think I’ll wait until the initial and inevitable ‘best thing ever’ euphoria passes and credible hobbyists living with them for a while still extol their virtues.

d3vhound

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From a software standpoint, this new Mobius app has me very interested. Building software is my day job and I can tell a lot of consideration went into Mobius. I wouldn't look at this as a simple light anymore and I wouldn't be surprised if ecotech announced a par meter device and then Mobius enabled features to control intensity per diode. Just speculating but I'm very curious as to why ecotech has implemented a bluetooth mesh in these new devices. Has to be for intense communication between other (unannouced) devices.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From a software standpoint, this new Mobius app has me very interested. Building software is my day job and I can tell a lot of consideration went into Mobius. I wouldn't look at this as a simple light anymore and I wouldn't be surprised if ecotech announced a par meter device and then Mobius enabled features to control intensity per diode. Just speculating but I'm very curious as to why ecotech has implemented a bluetooth mesh in these new devices. Has to be for intense communication between other (unannouced) devices.
It's no secret, the ble mesh networking (not wifi like most are speculating) is so all the devices can communicate with each other. Ecotech had been putting these new chips in all their pumps and lights for a few years now. And with mobius on the horizon, they will all be unleashed to interact with each other in ways we haven't seen yet. And yes, other devices that are in the works will just enhance what we already have it will be exciting.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back