Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ScubaSkeets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks!
I have an existing Aqueon 125 FOWLR that has done me well. I recently purchased a RS 525xl, but it is too large for my wife's needs. So my only option is to sell it or swap it out with my existing Aqueon. It will be a pain to do but am willing to. I'm really torn between the two options. Should I keep the Aqueon and sell the RS or swap. Yes, the RS is more expensive, but money is not really the object. In the end its my choice, but would like to know what you would do. Either way, I will be adding corals eventually.
Please vote! Thanks!

HeyJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the 125 have a sump? If not, easy choice to switch to the 525XL. And for overall appearance that's also an easy win for the 525.

The only advantage to the 125 is the extra foot of length (if money is not a concern).

OP
OP
S

ScubaSkeets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the 125 have a sump? If not, easy choice to switch to the 525XL. And for overall appearance that's also an easy win for the 525.

The only advantage to the 125 is the extra foot of length (if money is not a concern).
Actually, no. The 125 has a canister filter(Fluval FX6). I know the overall opinions on canisters, but mine has been doing fine so far.

HeyJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, no. The 125 has a canister filter(Fluval FX6). I know the overall opinions on canisters, but mine has been doing fine so far.

In that case, definitely the 525. The sump is a huge advantage for when you want to start adding coral

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran a 90g with a Fluval FX6 and it did work. After 2 years of running it, I decided to add zoas and GSP and they did well. I grew courage months later to add 3 SPS from a live sale here. The SPS were struggling to survive. The only way to keep them healthy was to change the filter twice a week. The FX6 is a bigger canister than the FX4. It did become a chore but it is doable. If I had the choice back when I had the 90g to swap out for a tank between a 40 to a 90g with a sump, I would have done it in a heart beat! Sump is so much easier.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is what I would do.
pause take a few days and think what do YOU really want. what direction would you like to go. if you want to do a reef then I say yeah swap out for the RS.
BUT if you want to do a nice FOWLR I would sale the RS and go with a 240+ I think a 300-450 would be perfect.
that way you you can have all those fish we reefers cant like large angels, puffers and what not.

both wold be nice tanks just different.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back