Metalreefer

Metalreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Just a little update.
I had to change the "jungle vines" because I made them out of natural rope. And because the branch hangs on a small twig, via the rope. It wouldn't be vise to let the rope rot away and then redo it when the salt water is in the tank. so I made a new one out of synthetic rope.
Also, I added more plants
Utricularia Livida
Utricularia Bisqumata
And swapped the polka dot plant with 2 types of Fittonia. 'white' and 'green'.
I like those so much better.
Also, I think I will have to take out the mister and buy an external one because the mist, that comes out from it is quite dirty, and I don't want to get the tank water to get even dirtier, later on.

20210830_143656.jpg

And my Hydrocotyle started blooming :D so nice
20210830_144055.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
Metalreefer

Metalreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Very cool. How's the saltwater part coming along?
Thanks! Still waiting for the plants to settle down. I just keep adding them but I think I have planted anything I wanted. I don't want to rush with it. The longer the "test run" the better. Maybe in a month's time If I feel like it's ready, I will fuse the two.

HWEP

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thanks! Still waiting for the plants to settle down. I just keep adding them but I think I have planted anything I wanted. I don't want to rush with it. The longer the "test run" the better. Maybe in a month's time If I feel like it's ready, I will fuse the two.
I'm wondering if there's an update on this somewhere? I've stumbled across this thread quite by accident but i'm invested now! I'd love to see how it worked out.

OP
Metalreefer

Metalreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I'm wondering if there's an update on this somewhere? I've stumbled across this thread quite by accident but i'm invested now! I'd love to see how it worked out.
Hya.
No major updates yet. Just more plants I need to plant, I can't help myself it's like the saltwater hobby. You just always crave that extra frag to put inside. Also, my fittonias need replacement because the ones I put in, rotted away, it was too wet for them in the bottom pot, so I have to put a Drosera there and my last pieces of Fittonia in the middle pot, also Some pieces of Utricularia just died off, what I placed just on the top of the soil, still have some more, I will approach a different method next time. Making a small "bed" from sphagnum moss and plant them inside looks like works the best, so I need to do that. Also, I was able to buy two ficus quercifolia cuttings finally, after the Brexit it's so hard now to buy all the rare plants, that people usually use in vivariums. they look awesome, I have gotta plant those in too. A couple of planting to do when I will have some days off from work. Then, more waiting to come, just wanna make sure all plants will make it for the long run, so I don't have to get messy after the saltwater will be at the bottom. It is not a quick to put together project at all for sure :D But slowly slowly getting where I want to.

Do you quarantine new coral before adding it to your reef tank?

• YES always

Votes: 78 17.9%
  • Sometimes depending (tell us why)

Votes: 52 12.0%
  • NO never

Votes: 293 67.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 12 2.8%
www.LeviathanAutomation.com