OP
OP
Whasmack

Whasmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been Busy with the other system - got some BattleCorals in!
But got bulkheads, heaters & looking at Modular Marine for overflow & sock holders.
I priced out getting glass cut for sump baffles, and someone wanted $40+ for 1 piece?!

Anyway - Unedited photos of BC!
Orange Passion, KenBerry, Bonfire Table, Cherry Blosson & Miss Scarlett

Bonfire Table.jpg Cherry Blosson.jpg Kenberry.jpg Miss Scarlett.jpg Orange Passion.jpg

OP
OP
Whasmack

Whasmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grabbed an old EcoPlus 1267 pump I've had laying around, but never really used. Maybe a couple of times, max. I wanted to check out the return flow and it didn't kick on!
Opened it up to find this surprise..... Really. The pump is basically new.
Impeller.jpg

OP
OP
Whasmack

Whasmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the sump water level to an operating point and circulated water around it with a couple pumps. It looks really good! I'm pretty happy with this custom sump setup. I did find a small leak at the skimmer - either the seal is seized up or it's coming from the volute.
Time to order a seal - this is why I love Reeflo!
I'm considering using my other dart for a return pump, but I don't really want to have it outside the sump. I have a Sicce Adv 7.0 coming in on Thursday also.

IMG_1448.jpg IMG_1449.jpg

OP
OP
Whasmack

Whasmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some new goodies in!
A Sicce ADV 7.0 return pump - 1900 GPH @ 55 Watts.
Rossmont MX2600 - 2600 GPH.
That sicce pump is a beast for 55 watts. I almost used an old snapper pump. It does produce a hum noise, which is audible in my garage.
That Rossmont pump is amazing! Very wide flow pattern that doesn't make a jet beam of flow. It's exactly what I was hoping for. I'm going to have to pick up another one. The magnet is very strong & it is very quiet.

Rossmont.jpg

OP
OP
Whasmack

Whasmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too! Modular Marine makes great stuff. I'm most likely going to add the 1800 gph overflow onto the system. I've asked them for a couple of specs because I want to make sure it's going to fit. I have one on my 40g breeder in my office.
That tank is about a 40"x60"x18" tall.

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too! Modular Marine makes great stuff. I'm most likely going to add the 1800 gph overflow onto the system. I've asked them for a couple of specs because I want to make sure it's going to fit. I have one on my 40g breeder in my office.
That tank is about a 40"x60"x18" tall.
I have a 1,600 GPH on my 40gal breeder, and I love it. It’s so quiet! I went with a much larger one than I need because we all know how easy it is to buy larger tanks. I’m just future-proofing. ;)

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back