Expel coral dip review

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fishinbob

View Badges
Reaction score
So you tested on Red Planaria Flat Worms and What Nudis? Zoa eating or Monti? Thanks
Yes planaria, asterna, aefw, monti eating nudis, bristleworms and those are all i could find.
still looking for a some zoa nudibranchs and the zoa spiders.
we have had a small tank that have been using as a test bed for a club/school bed project.
Have also been trying to source some exotic nudibranchs that have a specialized diets but are difficult to locate.
one thing to mention is we dipped a large amount of zoas and palys and got a weird reaction at one point where the misses got hives and i got a tickle in my throat. had to vent the house and take dipping procedure outside, which i havnt had a problem with in the past.

Fishinbob

View Badges
Reaction score
Thats pretty insane that you have almost all the major aquarium pests to test this on.
We put an add on a few forums a while back for aquarium pests. The misses teaches marine bio and we used them for a few lessons, got some neat pests and random inverts, most intentionally. .Except the nudibrachs those were unwelcomed boy what a pita to remove from a reef!!!

Still havnt added montis into the new system yet because they have such a rapid breeding cycle.

Fishinbob

View Badges
Reaction score
Incredible
Tested quite a few dips on the pests bayer for the most part decimated everything. But couldn't use it in a school setting.
Tried almost every brand and found some work better than others on certain pests.
So far expel is probably the best we've used with fauna marin the dip at a close second.
Bayer is magic...minus the high toxicity. Kills just about everything and causes little to no affect on the corals. Only downside is contamination in the tank when re-indroducing.
Coral rx works great, killing almost every pest but seems rougher on the corals slime significantly and retract and tissue recession in some cases(very concentrated).
I've tried most home made dips such as potassium permagrate, iodine, melafix, but our focus has been natural predation recently. With the advances in culturing nudibranchs for aptasia, trying to source a few others for testing with colonial hydriods, majanos, and other nudibranchs. Waiting on a few blue velvet nudis to test on MENs in the frag tank. We live in florida so our next trip we will be looking for Phidiana lynceus(hydriod eating nudi) and trying to identify some potential test subjects.
Luckily the misses has a special collection permit for collecting species usually regulated.

Craig085

View Badges
Reaction score
Man I was hoping for death. We must get videos of Dipping Death. NOW WHERE are they. Come on people.
I can’t add the full video, size is too large. Here’s a link to the video. But I can say it instantly removes & kills flat worms. Left it sit as per the instructions for 10 mins anyway then rinse with fresh batch of tank water. Corals we’re very quick to open up after dipping. It smells just like olbas oil (eucalyptus) or Vics Vapour rub. You could probably sniff this stuff for a stuffy nose.

Last edited:

cubsfan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Does expel go out of stock regularly? Can’t find it anywhere. Their website actually has all products “out of stock”. Getting back in the hobby and was planning to get off on the right foot. Was planning on using Battlecorals blend of this and the poly lab primer.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Does expel go out of stock regularly? Can’t find it anywhere. Their website actually has all products “out of stock”. Getting back in the hobby and was planning to get off on the right foot. Was planning on using Battlecorals blend of this and the poly lab primer.
Yeah I saw that too just recently myself. May have to seek out a new dip here it looks like.

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
With everything going on with Vibrant right now, maybe their lawyers advised them to halt all business. I don't think anything is in stock on their website.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back