Experience with REEF NEXUS app from Reefbreeders or APEX integration?

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to make some decisions with regards to my light and tank overall. I've kicked around getting a controller, but can't find one that'll do what I want economically and all in one. My main problem now is that I have a photon v2 light without wifi app integration, and I'm sick of using the remote. It's cumbersome and I'm not a fan. I can buy a new chip to upgrade it, but they also offer a apex integration chip. I'm trying to see if anyone has experience with both of these methods/apps and any opinions one way or another on it. I've kicked around using a Hydros on the lights with the apex chip, but it's probably going to turn into more of a troubleshoot project. I would need a full blown APEX, or a Hydros X4 + chip cost from reefbreeders if I went controller way. I'm puckering a bit on cost. Thanks.

OP
OP
BanjoBandito

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex systems aren't cheap, but you can really do a lot with them. You can probably get away with an ApexEL.
Yeah unfortunately I need that 0-10v port for the APEX integration with this light....so I gotta go full apex if I do it. At this point, while I would like the salinity probe, I could add the app chip and a basic hydros for under 500. But the question is the expansion of the hydros. I should prob get an X4 just knowing what I want to do and it having all the ports. I need to sell a kidney.

OP
OP
BanjoBandito

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Money GIF

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back