Extending Mushroom

Kathleen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See in the picture of my mushroom extending upwards? Is he trying to get closer to the light? I'm sitting here wishing I had whacked off his head when he was doing this so I might have 2 of them but I didn't have the guts.

Really though, do you think he needs more light? Is he trying to find foood? There should be enough food in there to satisfy him....I tend to overfeed.

DSC02664.jpg

josepy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol he looks very good. they extend like that to get as much as possible, or hes about to poop. I have been having such an issue wit my tank and would love to see my mushrooms look like tat again.

MimicOcto8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow thats crazy dude! I think he is trying to get closer to the light for sure. you know if you really really really like a mushroom and I mean really like a particular one, you can put it into a blender for about 5 to 10 seconds and then throw all the blended parts into the tank. about 2months later you'll have hundreds lol.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tye dye does this but t\not like yours. I would try to move it up a little and see if it doesnt do this as much.

OP
OP
K

Kathleen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard that about the blender but OMGosh how could I risk that if I can't even cut his head off? LOL

He does look really good just really stretching it up there. Tomorrow I will move it up a little and see what happens.

OP
OP
K

Kathleen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's almost as tall as my leathers, LOL! Can anyone tell what kind it is? It's grean with lots of bump on it.

awcasper

Goby in the sea of life.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A have a little mushroom section to the right of my tank. The lighting is very concentrated in the middle. The shrooms are very light sensitive except this one actinodiscus that always stretches for the light. I've been moving him closer to the middle.

Your shroom looks like a Rhodactis sp.

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of lighting do you have? I thought mushrooms didn't like very much light?

Not always. I have hitchhiker mushrooms and I moved their rock to the top of the tank. There are 2 that can't be more then 10" from a 6x39 watt tek light. I thought it would nuke them but no they are fine there.

OP
OP
K

Kathleen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have T5's but they are old ones and need replaced. My ship is coming in on March 31st so I will be getting some new ones then! YAY! Can't wait!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 33 52.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • None.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back