International Extension for Ecotech Marine Vortech MP10/40 QuietDrive pumps

Discussion in '3D Printed & Handmade Aquarium Items' started by sntmods, May 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. sntmods

sntmods Active Member

Extension Cable for Ecotech Marine Vortech MP10/40 QuietDrive pumps

20190308_165355.jpg
    20190308_165305.jpg

Sometimes 8 feet is just not enough, and if you are like me, mounting that Vortech driver and being limited to where you can put it can be a huge disappointment. The other option being you have the perfect spot to place your driver but now you are limited to where you can mount your pump. Again, 8 feet, sometimes, is just not enough.

Made for reefers, by a reefer. This gave me the added flow my 6' peninsula tank needed.

Plug & Play, installs in just a few minutes time as it mounts inline with your stock driver and dryside pump cable. A small Philips Head screwdriver is all that is needed.

Instructions:

Be sure to unplug the mains power from the driver before proceeding,
    Gently pinch and remove the control dial from the face of the Vortech driver unit,
    Remove three screws from the backside of the driver case,
    Remove the rear casing,
    Unplug the larger beige connector for the stock cable,
    Plug the extension cable inline of the driver header connection and stock cable,
    Reassemble the driver housing and correctly orient and push the control dial back on,
    Enjoy!

Highlights of this cable:

Starting at lengths of 4 feet; also available in 6', 8', 10', 12'
    6.1mm outside diameter cable offers similar flexibility to the stock cable
    Shielded 5 conductor, 22AWG wire crimped to compatible plug ends for a professional appearance
    Each completed cable tested for proper function on an MP40wQD pump and driver

For use on QuietDrive (driver) models only

4' - $25
    6' - $29
    8' - $35
    10' - $42.50
    12' - $50

Shipping is typically a flat $8 for USPS 2-3 day Priority Mail which includes a tracking # but I can get you a quote for international orders.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2019

2. Ap0the0sis

Ap0the0sis New Member

Good morning, I’m trying to order but keep getting timed out when processing payment. Is there another way to order these??

3. sntmods

sntmods Active Member

For a customer out of Barcelona, Spain who was looking to receive a cable; the shipping quote was $36 for USPS international and would arrive in an estimated 6-10 days from my location in Fairfield, CA.

NAx0 likes this.
  4. Adrian Grden

Adrian Grden Member

I received my extension cable over the weekend. First off the quality is great, it looks really nice. I plugged it in and works like a dream! Dan was super helpful through out the whole process as well. I’d recommend to anyone looking into something like this!

sntmods likes this.
  5. JLV8222

JLV8222 Active Member Reef Tank 365

How I can order?

6. sntmods

sntmods Active Member

First off, make sure you have a QuietDrive controller.

Determine what length you'll need, the pricing is listed above. Just add the difference on top of the $25, if you want something longer than 4 feet, and the $8.00 for flat rate shipping.

Click the blue button at the top of the thread and it will redirect you to PayPal.

If you have any problems please PM, I'm always available. 20190517_092307.jpeg

JLV8222 likes this.
  7. evolved

evolved The Wrasse Guy Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 AZ FRAG Member Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Expert Contributor

sntmods, JLV8222 and kschweer like this.
  8. sntmods

sntmods Active Member

Update: I have to put a temp hold on shipping any cable extensions for use on the MP60 QD for a short time due to a compatibility concern that came up. I've reached out to the two customers that this hold applies and will take care of them as needed. Customer Service! =)

This does not effect use on the MP10 or MP40 pumps.