International Extension for Ecotech Marine Vortech MP10/40 QuietDrive pumps

sntmods

View Badges
Reaction score
Extension Cable for Ecotech Marine Vortech MP10/40 QuietDrive pumps

20190308_165355.jpg

20190308_165305.jpg

Sometimes 8 feet is just not enough, and if you are like me, mounting that Vortech driver and being limited to where you can put it can be a huge disappointment. The other option being you have the perfect spot to place your driver but now you are limited to where you can mount your pump. Again, 8 feet, sometimes, is just not enough.

Made for reefers, by a reefer. This gave me the added flow my 6' peninsula tank needed.

Plug & Play, installs in just a few minutes time as it mounts inline with your stock driver and dryside pump cable. A small Philips Head screwdriver is all that is needed.

Instructions:

Be sure to unplug the mains power from the driver before proceeding,
Gently pinch and remove the control dial from the face of the Vortech driver unit,
Remove three screws from the backside of the driver case,
Remove the rear casing,
Unplug the larger beige connector for the stock cable,
Plug the extension cable inline of the driver header connection and stock cable,
Reassemble the driver housing and correctly orient and push the control dial back on,
Enjoy!

Highlights of this cable:

Starting at lengths of 4 feet; also available in 6', 8', 10', 12'
6.1mm outside diameter cable offers similar flexibility to the stock cable
Shielded 5 conductor, 22AWG wire crimped to compatible plug ends for a professional appearance
Each completed cable tested for proper function on an MP40wQD pump and driver

For use on QuietDrive (driver) models only

4' - $25
6' - $29
8' - $35
10' - $42.50
12' - $50

Shipping is typically a flat $8 for USPS 2-3 day Priority Mail which includes a tracking # but I can get you a quote for international orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Corals.com

Ap0the0sis

View Badges
Reaction score
Good morning, I’m trying to order but keep getting timed out when processing payment. Is there another way to order these??
Extension Cable for Ecotech
Extension Cable for Ecotech Marine Vortech MP10/40 QuietDrive pumps

20190308_165355.jpg

20190308_165305.jpg

Sometimes 8 feet is just not enough, and if you are like me, mounting that Vortech driver and being limited to where you can put it can be a huge disappointment. The other option being you have the perfect spot to place your driver but now you are limited to where you can mount your pump. Again, 8 feet, sometimes, is just not enough.

Made for reefers, by a reefer. This gave me the added flow my 6' peninsula tank needed.

Plug & Play, installs in just a few minutes time as it mounts inline with your stock driver and dryside pump cable. A small Philips Head screwdriver is all that is needed.

Instructions:

Gently pinch and remove the control dial from the face of the Vortech driver unit,
Remove the rear casing,
Plug the extension cable inline of the driver header connection and stock cable,
Reassemble the driver housing and correctly orient and push the control dial back on,
Enjoy!

Shielded 5 conductor, 22AWG wire crimped to compatible plug ends for a professional appearance

4' - $25
6' - $29
8' - $35
10' - $42.50
12' - $50

Shipping is typically a flat $8 for USPS 2-3 day Priority Mail which includes a tracking # but I can get you a quote for international orders.

Marine Vortech MP10/40/60 QuietDrive pumps

20190308_165355.jpg

20190308_165305.jpg

Instructions:

Remove the rear casing,
Enjoy!

4' - $25
6' - $29
8' - $35
10' - $42.50
12' - $50

OP
sntmods

sntmods

View Badges
Reaction score
For a customer out of Barcelona, Spain who was looking to receive a cable; the shipping quote was $36 for USPS international and would arrive in an estimated 6-10 days from my location in Fairfield, CA.

Adrian Grden

View Badges
Reaction score
I received my extension cable over the weekend. First off the quality is great, it looks really nice. I plugged it in and works like a dream! Dan was super helpful through out the whole process as well. I’d recommend to anyone looking into something like this!

Corals.com
OP
sntmods

sntmods

View Badges
Reaction score
How I can order?
First off, make sure you have a QuietDrive controller.

Determine what length you'll need, the pricing is listed above. Just add the difference on top of the $25, if you want something longer than 4 feet, and the $8.00 for flat rate shipping.

Click the blue button at the top of the thread and it will redirect you to PayPal.

If you have any problems please PM, I'm always available.
20190517_092307.jpeg

evolved

The Wrasse Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
OP
sntmods

sntmods

View Badges
Reaction score
Update: I have to put a temp hold on shipping any cable extensions for use on the MP60 QD for a short time due to a compatibility concern that came up. I've reached out to the two customers that this hold applies and will take care of them as needed. Customer Service! =)

This does not effect use on the MP10 or MP40 pumps.

litenyaup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Is there any voltage drop in the longer cables which has an ill effect on the operation of the pumps?

OP
sntmods

sntmods

View Badges
Reaction score
I've got an 8' extension on one of my pumps without any noticable drop in performance. I havent tested for any voltage drops across that length. Over such a short length, even up to 12' (for a total of 20'), I doubt any voltage drop would occur. Maybe hundreds upon hundreds of feet, sure, but not at a dozen.

litenyaup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Ok so I’m in need of a few so are these built as needed or already done?

OP
sntmods

sntmods

View Badges
Reaction score
I do keep an inventory of completed cables but sometimes I dont have enough on hand and must make more. That rule applies to 4' through 10' extensions and 12' lengths are made to order.

litenyaup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Do you give discounts for multiple purchased?

Get Fish & Corals directly for the suppliers

AJuettner

View Badges
Reaction score
There's no button there to allow me to purchase the cables. What can I do?

SaltyNole

View Badges
Reaction score
Can‘t see the order button, am on mobile device browser but also tried using the full desktop site as well.
Need 6’ for MP40QD Shipped to 33071. Can you send me another option to submit payment?

OP
sntmods

sntmods

View Badges
Reaction score
The most popular extensions have been 4 and 6 foot lengths.

The 6 and 12 foot extensions are currently sold out but will be available to ship again on the first of October. I can always take backorders and I'll consider custom lengths past the 12 foot mark.

I've got a handful of 4', 8' and 10' extensions ready to ship.

If you are reading this post, be aware that I will do whatever I can to keep cables available for purchase with immediate turn-around. I typically ship the same day or the morning after. I'm usually awake past midnight on the west coast.

Quality control remains to be the highest of priorities. I guarantee every cable sold will work or I'll exchange it.

-Dan (AquaLifeStudio)

Will you watch revhtree on the LIVE #askBRStv show?

• Yes I'll tune in live at 1:30pm est!

Votes: 93 37.1%
  • No I'll have to catch the rerun!

Votes: 135 53.8%
  • Neither, I choose to make revhtree sad...

Votes: 23 9.2%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Ultimate Corals
Budman's Corals LLC
Use Algae to Fight Algae!
Say goodbye to filter socks!