Extreme tank crash. Thinking of restarting

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the span of a week all of my corals died. And 1 fish. I’ve tested everything and still don’t know what happened. But I think I kinda “sterilized” my tank. My water changes were 50-60 percent on my 10 g nano. It was my mistake. I’m gonna work on doing smaller water changes. I’m gonna do a rescape and get new corals too. Luckily one colony of zoas lived. I’ll post pictures on the thread tomorrow.

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck learn from first try and make the second better than first ever wouldve been

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nano tanks can be challenging as it’s very easy to unbalance things in very short order, which then has a tendency to quickly stress things out. I might suggest sticking to 10% max every 2 weeks the next go around (after you get things balanced again or restart with a fresh cycle).

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change percentage shouldn’t matter unless you didn’t match salinity and temp close.

People do 100 water changes on picos all the time. I would change everything but an inch of water in my 5g.

I just changed 90 percent in my 25g.

Both tanks are a mix of corals including SPS and they don’t care.

I don’t know what you mean by sterilize a tank. Bacteria will be on the rock and sand. Low nutrients would not effect a fish if you mean that.

Probably another cause unless temps are salinity were off a good amount.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back