Extremely annoying fan noise from energy bar 832

Discussion in 'Neptune Systems' started by Tikosyn, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Tikosyn

Tikosyn Active Member

Hi all,

So I just set up my Apex 2016 I had purchased many months ago and I noticed that the fan on the energy bar 832 has this kind of High-pitched whine to it which I am finding extremely irritating. Does anyone else have this problem/is this normal? I would hate to think of all the money I have spent making sure all my equipment runs quietly that the noisiest thing on my setup is this energy bar fan.

Crabs Mcjones likes this.
    Tags:

2. Crabs Mcjones

Crabs Mcjones Tank Mechanic R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

It could be that the fan bearing is going out. If it's anything similar to a computer fan, you can take it apart, put some 3 in 1 oil in it, and put it back together and see if that works. Unless it's under any kind of warranty, then contact Neptune directly and they will either send you a new fan or a new eb832 :)

Fritzhamer and JoshH like this.
  3. dragon99

dragon99 Valuable Member Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

There's a fan in there??? Never heard a peep from mine.

MaddyP and Fritzhamer like this.
  4. ryboy707

ryboy707 Active Member

Did neptune ever make this right with you?

5. Tikosyn

Tikosyn Active Member

pelphrey and ryboy707 like this.
  6. in2aqua

in2aqua Member

did you manage to fix this yourself? if so, please let us know what you did to fix the whining noise from the Neptune eb832

7. Tikosyn

Tikosyn Active Member

I did not end up fixing it, just kind of got used to it to be honest. Neptune wanted me to send my eb832 in and have them evaluate and possibly fix but I explained that I need it to run my reef, so I declined to go that route.

Draft saved Draft deleted