Eye Candy from Indonesia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This isnt a knock on you or anything, as I am not one of those fools sending you angry private messages; in fact I haven’t even messaged you...
This is more of a request for you to perhaps put out some smaller frags?
I’ve seen your website updates, and it’s all quite lovely...

But I think most people are quite apprehensive to drop 200-500 bucks on wild pieces that haven’t been in captivity for too long.
I wanted to pull the trigger on a couple of your zoas, but decided not to due to prices being too high....
Granted, they were 5-6+ polyp frags; but for something that has no aquaculture( :D )lineage, it’s difficult for us to sell them in fragpacks when we try to recoup the aforementioned entry costs.
Perhaps you could release some single polyps or smaller frags for more reasonable costs?

Just a thought

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isnt a knock on you or anything, as I am not one of those fools sending you angry private messages; in fact I haven’t even messaged you...
This is more of a request for you to perhaps put out some smaller frags?
I’ve seen your website updates, and it’s all quite lovely...

But I think most people are quite apprehensive to drop 200-500 bucks on wild pieces that haven’t been in captivity for too long.
I wanted to pull the trigger on a couple of your zoas, but decided not to due to prices being too high....
Granted, they were 5-6+ polyp frags; but for something that has no aquaculture( :D )lineage, it’s difficult for us to sell them in fragpacks when we try to recoup the aforementioned entry costs.
Perhaps you could release some single polyps or smaller frags for more reasonable costs?

Just a thought

I offer tons of frags as well as colonies on my site and Bargain frags, something for every price range. Frags have Dr. Mac lineage:). If you are interested in recouping cost by reselling then buy from the Zoanthid page, huge number of polyps for the price on most, you can chop to your hearts content.

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting combo
IMG-20171219-WA01692_zpsqbumznib.jpg

tigé21v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You make that trip once a month??! Our annual flight from the Midwest to Oahu is about enough to put me down for a couple of days. Those plane seats....;Inpain
I'm continually amazed at how collectors still manage to find new variants, not to mention new species.
Thanks for posting the pics!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My son's first ever coral purchase was from these guys at a coral expo in October. I have to say the gentleman was nice and the ric is absolutely gorgeous and healthy. It has doubled in size. My son just had his 10th birthday and has already asked for another mushroom. (I kept your card!) Please come back to Knoxville in 2018. He got a bigger tank...

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You make that trip once a month??! Our annual flight from the Midwest to Oahu is about enough to put me down for a couple of days. Those plane seats....;Inpain
I'm continually amazed at how collectors still manage to find new variants, not to mention new species.
Thanks for posting the pics!

Thanks for taking the time to look through. Yep, just about every month, and I agree about the plane seats!

My son's first ever coral purchase was from these guys at a coral expo in October. I have to say the gentleman was nice and the ric is absolutely gorgeous and healthy. It has doubled in size. My son just had his 10th birthday and has already asked for another mushroom. (I kept your card!) Please come back to Knoxville in 2018. He got a bigger tank...

That's great, always rewarding to see the next generation coming into the hobby!

Now that is absolutely crazy Trachy heaven! Good thing Im not there with you because Im pretty sure I would max out my amex card!

Yeah, there are always incredible numbers of Trachypyllia. Every supplier has things they specialize in and this one has awesome LPS and Zoas/mushrooms.

What the what?

Lots of crazy corals!

Wow, the colors! ;Jawdrop

Even better in person!

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure if this is out of bounds or not, but do these types of places only sell to resellers or can normal folk buy from them?

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure if this is out of bounds or not, but do these types of places only sell to resellers or can normal folk buy from them?

The exporters only sell to wholesalers that have an active import permit.

Man, screw the haters. Thanks so much for sharing, I love seeing all the variety out there. This combo is absolutely ridiculous. Thanks again and keep posting.

Folks love to complain and cause trouble about any number of things both real and perceived and competitors always play games under assumed names, etc. It has been part of this hobby/industry since day one. Having been in business for 18 years and in this industry since 1965 I've seen them all. Folks want the craziest top 0.05% of corals and at the same time whine that prices are too high. When I reveal that on my site they can find an entire page of frags under $25 as well as those high end high priced colonies they suddenly are dumb. Anyway, thanks for your comments!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back