F-Aiptasia and Coral?

jtlmnop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to get rid of a few aiptasia that i noticed. I picked up some of the Franks F-Aiptasia, and saw the disclaimer on the bottle about not coming into contact with coral. One of the two(that I know if) is growing out of a Merletti colony, in between a few heads. If I cover this with the F, will it kill the heads? Will they recover, or just hope that the colony fills in the space over time?

Just curious if anyone has used this directly on a colony where contact was unavoidable.

Thanks

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F Aiptasia just makes them multiply in my experience. Berghia are what worked for me. As far as getting it on your corals, I wouldn't risk it.

lake985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used it to cover (smother) GSP and it worked great, so I wouldn't recommend covering your corals with it.

Jimmyneptune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F aiptasia is great. I tried berghia, aiptasia eating filefish, copperband, and manually removing. F aiptasia is by far the best all others would knock back the aiptasia but not get rid of completely. Also, other methods are costly either to boy or eat your corals, my filefish Loved euphellia.

For aiptasia directly on a coral I would smother it in superglue. You can control the super glue easier. For any other aiptasia use F aiptasia.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 162 61.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 91 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 45 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.2%
Back