OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get him with his fins up, that will help a ton. Especially if it is a side shot.

But just for info, seaweed blennies can go from pure white to all red to black.

The fins are the big key when eye and mouth shape/distances are easy to see from a pic.

I know this will be hard, but if you can count fast while it is still count the spines.

From my notes for a seaweed blenny. If they are different, post the count and I can cross reference my notes.

Dorsall spines: 12; Dorsal soft rays: 18; Anal spines: 2; Anal soft rays: 19 - 20.
I'll definitely try and get some side views and count the spines, I should have some posted here in the next day or two. Thanks man!!!

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H E L L O ~
I'm currently at my Aunt & Uncle's due to a storm (They have a basement, we don't) and I know from neighbors and Georgia Power that my house's power is out. So please pray because this tank has been all my money for the past few years XD I'm praying and trusting things will be fine I have things like Gorgs, Mushrooms, Zoas, Stylos, Montis, so I'm thinking things should be fine. I'll give an update when J get home though. Also, I've now got a job!!! I'm starting today. Which means I'll be able to invest in new equipment and critters. I've been wanting a clam for a while so after some more research if I still feel confident it'll be my first big 'fun' purchase.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power is back on, what do I do!? Tem is like 60 clownfish died, anemones dettatched, everything is back online now though
Thats low. Just start working temps back up. Im sorry

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get him with his fins up, that will help a ton. Especially if it is a side shot.

But just for info, seaweed blennies can go from pure white to all red to black.

The fins are the big key when eye and mouth shape/distances are easy to see from a pic.

I know this will be hard, but if you can count fast while it is still count the spines.

From my notes for a seaweed blenny. If they are different, post the count and I can cross reference my notes.

Dorsall spines: 12; Dorsal soft rays: 18; Anal spines: 2; Anal soft rays: 19 - 20.
The dorsal rays were like thirty, the pectoral fins were like nine.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is fine, everything is alive except a clownfish. It was the mean one that died. Next week I'm hopefully gonna be ordering a clam and darwin clownfish. I'm also gonna be upgrading to a twenty gallon long because I'm running out of room for coral.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is fine, everything is alive except a clownfish. It was the mean one that died. Next week I'm hopefully gonna be ordering a clam and darwin clownfish. I'm also gonna be upgrading to a twenty gallon long because I'm running out of room for coral.
Sorry you lost a fish but at least everything else was good to go

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
glad to hear back on track :cool:

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome to hear that everything (bar the clown :() made it. Really jealous of the gorg's you've got they fill out the tank well and you've got some cool ones too. Look forward to see what you do with the 20G mate
Thanks! I love the gorgonians. Most I've gotten from collectors in Florida. Check out Foxxy Saltwater Tropicals they've got a nice array of Gorgs :)

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where's the updates
Well, I just bought my FIRST legitimate wave pump! A Hygger mini for $70 I just opened it up and tried it out. It’s tiny, sleek, and can move some water. I’d say it’s too powerful for my ten gallon haha... Good thing I’m upgrading to a twenty gallon long sometime soon.
I’ve also got more sand coming in and the Seachem Tidal 75 coming in next for the twenty gallon long. But before I set this new tank up I’ve got to sell my forty gallon. (parents said I’ve got to sell it before I upgrade :( ) I’m selling it and the stand for just $100 hopefully I’ll get it sold soon because it’s taking up space and I want to move to this coastal twenty gallon long. :D
Corals are doing okay but I’ve got a hair algae outbreak and things have been a bit wild in the tank as it’s recovering from the power outage. Hopefully the live sand coming in for the twenty gallon will help set things straight. I think the main problem was bacteria and just overall die off from the outage.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally cleaned the remains of the forty gallon. Man, was that a flop. After sitting for months I finally siphoned it out a window with a water hose and fire escape ladder then dismantled the stand... XD
50C74987-0E41-48A8-956E-B4D7F133C145.jpeg
D907DBE5-0A8E-4710-B7AB-CFD84260726C.jpeg
846DCE32-78BA-487F-AAA6-869DEE7BCDF7.jpeg

It siphoned very fast and I managed to suck out most of the sand XD def recommend using a water hose to break down an old tank

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally cleaned the remains of the forty gallon. Man, was that a flop. After sitting for months I finally siphoned it out a window with a water hose and fire escape ladder then dismantled the stand... XD
50C74987-0E41-48A8-956E-B4D7F133C145.jpeg
D907DBE5-0A8E-4710-B7AB-CFD84260726C.jpeg
846DCE32-78BA-487F-AAA6-869DEE7BCDF7.jpeg

It siphoned very fast and I managed to suck out most of the sand XD def recommend using a water hose to break down an old tank
Sand dollars. Where they alive?

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sand dollars. Where they alive?
Yes, in fact they were. Cool little creatures. Like sitting near powerheads. They ate algae, diatoms, and detritus. They were saved from a friend that was going to bleach them *eyeroll* I took them. They passed before the tank went offline... I believe from high nitrates. I’d like one or two really small ones for this next build. And their skeletons are good for holding nitrifying bacteria. They have lots of pockets and are very porous.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AND THE TWENTY GALLON AIO PENINSULA BY INNOVATIVE MARINE IS ORDERED...
And will arrive (unfortunately) in one to five days from marine depot.

I’m absolutely stoked. I’ve never owned a tank like this... this is my first nice expensive tank. XD I’ll let you guys know when I start to set it up.

Question: Should I start a new build thread or keep this one? It’s the same tank contents just being moved into a larger aquarium...

Back