Facebook Member Question: If I were to place two chalice frags close together, would they graft toge

Discussion in 'General LPS Discussion' started by revhtree, Aug 2, 2012.

1. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Periodically we will share a question that is presented too us by our facebook fans. The following is one of those questions.

If I were to place two chalice frags close together, would they graft together or just fight it out?

Tags:

2. swannyson7

swannyson7 Moderator/Acro Aficianado Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Reef Spotlight Award CTARS Member

My vote would be for an all out war with one survivor.

3. aquabull

aquabull Well-Known Member

If they are same genus and species, the likelihood of grafting is much higher. Whereas different genera will more often than not melt each other fairly quickly! Mycedium can and will send out vicious sweeper tentacles, killing or scarring nearly anything it touches!

4. mainereefer

mainereefer Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

I have a black and pink chalice touching a red challice no fighting no problems at all. which ever one puffs up faster sits over the other for the day

5. Mstansbery

Mstansbery Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012