Factory reset of KH Director and dose 2.1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Andyf30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I just got these second hand and am wondering if there is a way to perform a reset and firmware update without windows? I only have a Mac.

Thanks

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

If the device was used in LAN with DHCP or if it is in hotspot mode and you know the wifi password, yes, otherwise no you will need to use GHL Control Center software with a USB connection under Windows. Sorry.

Gaël

DFR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity… should this reset also remove alkalinity results? I tried a factory reset some time back using GCC but only the settings were reset. All of the test results were still on the unit. (or maybe I did something wrong)

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity… should this reset also remove alkalinity results? I tried a factory reset some time back using GCC but only the settings were reset. All of the test results were still on the unit. (or maybe I did something wrong)
All measurements in myGHL remain in myGHL.

Gaël

DFR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both for the response and sorry for derailing the thread. I will attempt it this weekend.

OP
OP
Andyf30

Andyf30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bringing this thread back up. I now have the proper USB connection and ordered a windows tablet. When I try to connect to the doser I get no connection, despite manually installing the port as shown in the guide on the GHL website. I have to admit, I feel a bit like I got played and bought a $450 paperweight. For all its issues at least the trident is easy to set up and logically laid out. Any one have any tips on how to get this to connect?

OP
OP
Andyf30

Andyf30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lasse, yes I do. As an update, after toying with my tablet more i was able to get it connected an reset the firmware. The new issue is that every time I try to connect to the Doser with my GHL app to follow the set up instructions, the app keeps crashing.

I suppose I should update the firmware for the doser to the newest model? When I try that I get a warning there is no PAB device plugged in despite the PAB being in both the doser and KH Director. Should I just update the firmware anyway and try to connect it?

OP
OP
Andyf30

Andyf30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Vinny, I resolved that by going back through the instructions. Any suggestions on the app crashing? I can’t do the initial set up procedure

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doser FW is too old. Update doser FW.

With the newest GCC downloaded and cables connected, this should take no more than 3 minutes to complete.

OP
OP
Andyf30

Andyf30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doser FW is too old. Update doser FW.

With the newest GCC downloaded and cables connected, this should take no more than 3 minutes to complete.
So far no dice. App just keeps crashing over and over in the middle of the "establishing connection" step. I'll open a support ticket. Hopefully this can get resolved by the time I ship out in September...

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How exactly can I reset KH Director and slave doser? Via Profilux 4 and CCC usb?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How exactly can I reset KH Director and slave doser? Via Profilux 4 and CCC usb?
There is no resetting these devices because settings are stored on the master device. If you want to unassign them, you can do so in the PAB devices page.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back