Faded colors to clowns?

Landoh17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks!

I came home from work (24hr shift) and turned on my light on my tank and I noticed that my clow s colors looked dull before the light came on. I turned the light in and tested my parameters. Parameters were good. They haven't budged. Just did a water change 2 days ago. I did feed them and they ate like crazy. Their color seemed to get instantly better with light and food?

Has anyone else experienced this? (Also there is some bullying as they are fighting for gender)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Clowns color can change for multiple reasons including food, stress, and health. What are you feeding them? Are they both faded an equal amount?

OP
OP
Landoh17

Landoh17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns color can change for multiple reasons including food, stress, and health. What are you feeding them? Are they both faded an equal amount?

I fed them and it immediately helped! I panicked a bit. Sorry i guess they get hangry

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I fed them and it immediately helped! I panicked a bit. Sorry i guess they get hangry

I'm not sure what you are feeding them - if you want to bring out their colors even more and feed them quality food that will also increase their health then I encourage you to consider TDO Chroma Boost from @Reef Nutrition. This is the food that many clownfish breeders use as well as many others that want to give their clowns high quality feed. Good luck!

OP
OP
Landoh17

Landoh17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what you are feeding them - if you want to bring out their colors even more and feed them quality food that will also increase their health then I encourage you to consider TDO Chroma Boost from @Reef Nutrition. This is the food that many clownfish breeders use as well as many others that want to give their clowns high quality feed. Good luck!
Just a standard froze mysis from my LFS. I got some spirulina/brine today. Thanks!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back