Fading gramma loreto, and help me save pods!

emperata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gramma loreto fading on back? Anybody have tricks for saving pods when changing floss?

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is very vague, in order to provide a better diagnosis you should provide us with some more information such as: parameters, pictures of specimen, and etc. Please read this link to help us help you.

It’s possible that your fish has some other issues other than nutrition, on top of that a royal gramma doesn’t rely on pods as it’s diet, thus it’s additionally possible that their is a deficiency in what your are feeding it.

OP
OP
emperata

emperata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 02709371-9B10-4008-B98C-E9E6F22D3F92.jpeg
    02709371-9B10-4008-B98C-E9E6F22D3F92.jpeg
    335.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 94F29C7E-C7BA-4794-BC0D-A35E2C350CA2.jpeg
    94F29C7E-C7BA-4794-BC0D-A35E2C350CA2.jpeg
    276.3 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
emperata

emperata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t get the faded spots to show in a photo. Parameters are all ideal. It’s 40g, marineland 450 hob dual biowheel and aquamaxx 1.5 hob skimmer. I’ve heard the fading can be caused by fluctuating pH but mine is stable at 8.1. l’ve had this problem with the species before, never resolved. The fish is happy, eating everything, behaving normally. I’m mystified.

OP
OP
emperata

emperata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t get the faded spots to show in a photo. Parameters are all ideal. It’s 40g, marineland 450 hob dual biowheel and aquamaxx 1.5 hob skimmer. I’ve heard the fading can be caused by fluctuating pH but mine is stable at 8.1. l’ve had this problem with the species before, never resolved. The fish is happy, eating everything, behaving normally. I’m mystified.
livestock: hippo, cherub angel, two grammas (one not faded), rock beauty and two scarlet cleaners. I love them so much l feel immense guilt when l eat salmon...

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you feed?

OP
OP
emperata

emperata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Name it. Shaved table shrimp, mysis blended with hikari mega marine angel and vitachem, nori enhanced with brightwell’s angelixir for spongivorous fish (rock beauty), omega one marine flakes, spirulina, new spectrum pellets and occasionally chopped squid and clam.

OP
OP
emperata

emperata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m very interested in any info on tricks for saving pods in floss. I can’t bear to flush them. I love them too, the creepy little critters they are.

OP
OP
emperata

emperata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is very vague, in order to provide a better diagnosis you should provide us with some more information such as: parameters, pictures of specimen, and etc. Please read this link to help us help you.

It’s possible that your fish has some other issues other than nutrition, on top of that a royal gramma doesn’t rely on pods as it’s diet, thus it’s additionally possible that their is a deficiency in what your are feeding it.

I wasn’t relating the pods to the fading. Separate issue altogether.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Patches of discoloration is usually due to stress. I can't tell you what would cause they stress, unless they hippo beats it up when you aren't looking.

OP
OP
emperata

emperata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I basically agree, so the hippo’s in fish jail. But the gramma started fading before hippo arrived. He is a bully. I’ve treated the gramma for fungal infection with melafix (love that stuff!) and ectoparasites. The other gramma is unaffected. Thanks for your response.

OP
OP
emperata

emperata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. He’s been prazipro treated twice, and fw dipped.

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was he copper treated? If so how long did you treat him for and also have all other fish in the tank been threw the same treatments

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Since one is faded, but not the other I'm not sure. Saving pods, just shake the floss off. They like a nice hiding place with food

OP
OP
emperata

emperata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was he copper treated? If so how long did you treat him for and also have all other fish in the tank been threw the same treatments
He was not copper treated. I’ve never treated the dt with copper, but otherwise all the fish have been treated with the same meds.

OP
OP
emperata

emperata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since one is faded, but not the other I'm not sure. Saving pods, just shake the floss off. They like a nice hiding place with food
Oh the pods are happy....and clearly enjoying intimate relationships because there are babies everywhere!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back