OP
fabutahoun

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Fish Added, The Yellow Tang and The Red Margin Wrasse are a little skinny but they are eating but a little shy, hope they do well.

Good Thing that the yellow and my large Purple Tang are getting along without fighting.

Fadi ~

IMG_2227.JPG
IMG_2238.JPG
IMG_2268.JPG
IMG_2290.JPG

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of My Apex WAV is at 55% Temp. is it OK or a little High? I already soaked in vinegar and cleaned it. any Thoughts ?

upload_2018-4-3_16-54-54.png

Not sure I'd worry about the temps. My wavs aren't even hooked up and it says they are still 44 degrees lol

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Fish Added, The Yellow Tang and The Red Margin Wrasse are a little skinny but they are eating but a little shy, hope they do well.

Good Thing that the yellow and my large Purple Tang are getting along without fighting.

Fadi ~

IMG_2227.JPG
IMG_2238.JPG
IMG_2268.JPG
IMG_2290.JPG
Stunning fish and photography Fadi, beautiful!

The yellow Tang does look a little skinny as you say, but hopefully he will be ok with some good food and when he settles in.

OP
OP
fabutahoun

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning fish and photography Fadi, beautiful!

The yellow Tang does look a little skinny as you say, but hopefully he will be ok with some good food and when he settles in.

Thanks Shaun, He is getting better everyday and eating everything. few weeks and he will be good, I took it from a friend who had several tangs bigger than him and he was getting a lot of beatings, all of his fins were torn apart, it was so week that I scoped with my pair hands, after a week in QT and another 5 days in acclimation Box in the main tank he was ready to go to the main tank.

Dfeagley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I know this is a pretty old thread, but I just stumbled across it. How did the angel fish do with your coral? I read a lot of warnings about how they aren't reef safe, but I'd really like to get some. I'd love to have an emperor. Really nice tank btw!

OP
OP
fabutahoun

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I know this is a pretty old thread, but I just stumbled across it. How did the angel fish do with your coral? I read a lot of warnings about how they aren't reef safe, but I'd really like to get some. I'd love to have an emperor. Really nice tank btw!

The Angel Is doing Good with my corals, regrading reef safe it is safe with some corals like all sps and few LPS like goniopora, blastomussa and Euphyllia. Not safe at all with many LPS.

The Emperor is a big fish and it will need a lot of space, the minimum is 180 gallons, and to be honest I am not sure that my tank will be enough of him after few years. keep in mind that this fish needs a lot of food so it doesn't destroy the corals. Feeding a lot means you need to have a good filtration to keep the water quality in an excellent condition in to keep sps corals.

OP
OP
fabutahoun

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Update for this weekend, I have added a couple of harlequin shrimp (Hymenocera picta) hope is get rid of all asterina starfish that started to get out of control, these stars didn't harm my corals yet. you can see that the shrimp started the feast instantly.

IMG_2304.JPG

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Update for this weekend, I have added a couple of harlequin shrimp (Hymenocera picta) hope is get rid of all asterina starfish that started to get out of control, these stars didn't harm my corals yet. you can see that the shrimp started the feast instantly.
Fadi,
They'll sure get it done, but it's hard :( to say goodbye when they finish their job.

OP
OP
fabutahoun

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fadi,
They'll sure get it done, but it's hard :( to say goodbye when they finish their job.

I guess It will take some time to eat all stars, and just in case I'll get some Sand and Brittle starfish and keep them in sump and feed now and then.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_2304.JPG
You’ve just identified what I have in my tank Fadi. Asterina starfish.

I’ve lost a couple of fleshy corals recently and assumed it was caused by a very large torch Colony I added in the area of my tank as it’s stings, which it may still be the cause. At least I know what the white things are!

OP
OP
fabutahoun

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ve just identified what I have in my tank Fadi. Asterina starfish.

I’ve lost a couple of fleshy corals recently and assumed it was caused by a very large torch Colony I added in the area of my tank as it’s stings, which it may still be the cause. At least I know what the white things are!
Some Reefers say it eats coral, but I can't say for sure, in my tank they are everywhere on glass, rocks and even in fuge.

johnbr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @fabutahoun

Can you show your lighting schedule for the display tank? Got the same tank and same lights and would like try yours. I don't have an apex system YET.

Back