fabutahoun

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little Tank Update,
Tested Nitrate and Phospate with NYOS test kits, No3 at 25 ppm and PO4 at 0.2, these values are on the high side, I was expecting this after introducing the scribbled angle to the main display, as I started to feed much more so the scribbled can get enough food especially that there is the much aggressive emperor angel.

So I started to dose vinegar, 10 ml daily I will ramp the vinegar dose weakly to until I reach the needed dose.

OP
OP
fabutahoun

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Fadi - amazing tank... are there any corals that you are not able to keep? At some point do you think any of your fish will outgrow your tank, 180 gallon is large but still not necessarily considered that large for tangs/ larger angels?
I can't Keep Zoas. in the past I couldn't keep Acans, however, the angels now ignore them.
Yah I think after few years The Emperor angel and the Naso tang will outgrow the tank. that is a good excuse for a tank upgrade.

Frankyfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fadi's 180-gallon SPS Reef - R2R Reef of the Month April 2018

Full Tank Shot February 2020

Full Tank Shot April 2018

Hello everyone, I am Fadi a Jordanian Reefer lives in Riyadh - Saudi Arabia.

Its been almost 6 years last time I have kept a reef aquarium, the previous one was 50 gallon with lps and softies.

I am back with a bigger tank, the tank arrived at June the 3rd 2016 and now it is 4 months Old. 180 gallon tank with net total water volume of 200 in both tank and sump minus rocks and sand

Stunning tank my friend. That's something I only see in my dreams

NautiTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fadi your rectangle of reef is fabulous! I love your scribbled angel (among all the other inhabitants), its on my wishlist but I still can't decide between some of the non-"reef safe" angels and clams, trachys, wellsos, other open brains etc.

Aside from your slice of heaven do you think its plausible to keep more LPS with angels, you already keep/have kept clams, acans, blastomussas and so forth. Perhaps it's just a dream lol. I know its all dependent on the individual fish but I'm curious what you think.

I hope you will be able to see your family soon, its so cool that the kiddos enjoy the hobby with you!

OP
OP
fabutahoun

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fadi your rectangle of reef is fabulous! I love your scribbled angel (among all the other inhabitants), its on my wishlist but I still can't decide between some of the non-"reef safe" angels and clams, trachys, wellsos, other open brains etc.

Aside from your slice of heaven do you think its plausible to keep more LPS with angels, you already keep/have kept clams, acans, blastomussas and so forth. Perhaps it's just a dream lol. I know its all dependent on the individual fish but I'm curious what you think.

I hope you will be able to see your family soon, its so cool that the kiddos enjoy the hobby with you!
Thank you NautiTang, I am thinking of adding more LPS to see what will happen.

OP
OP
fabutahoun

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you are doing well, Fadi. Should you be able to get home soon? Looking forward to your next updates

Hi Grigs, Actually the Tank is located in Saudi Arabia where I currently live. Just in a very bad mood being away from family who are stuck in Jordan because of the corona lockdown. and very busy with work as I am working with the Saudi Ministry of health. I am basically ready for any call 24/7. I will try to take some photos of the tank in the coming days.

I am not spending much time taking care of the aquarium, and there is a noticeable decline in sps health and lost few corals.

Nitrate and phosphate are on the high side at 20 for NO3 and 0.2 PPM for Phosphate, I started dosing vinegar and getting more committed with tank maintenance, things look its getting better, you know with Acropora the decline of coral health happen so sudden and the recovery takes more time

For the scribbled angel it was removed from the tank back to QT, it was getting bullied by the emperor and the naso tang.
it was doing ok , but always hiding and not coming out except for frozen food.

Will try to feed it more in QT until it start to except dry foods and put some weight, then remove both emperor and naso and put them in the QT while the scribbled is established in the main tank.

I am also considering to rehome the Naso and give it to a friend.

Grigs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Grigs, Actually the Tank is located in Saudi Arabia where I currently live. Just in a very bad mood being away from family who are stuck in Jordan because of the corona lockdown. and very busy with work as I am working with the Saudi Ministry of health. I am basically ready for any call 24/7. I will try to take some photos of the tank in the coming days.

I am not spending much time taking care of the aquarium, and there is a noticeable decline in sps health and lost few corals.

Nitrate and phosphate are on the high side at 20 for NO3 and 0.2 PPM for Phosphate, I started dosing vinegar and getting more committed with tank maintenance, things look its getting better, you know with Acropora the decline of coral health happen so sudden and the recovery takes more time

For the scribbled angel it was removed from the tank back to QT, it was getting bullied by the emperor and the naso tang.
it was doing ok , but always hiding and not coming out except for frozen food.

Will try to feed it more in QT until it start to except dry foods and put some weight, then remove both emperor and naso and put them in the QT while the scribbled is established in the main tank.

I am also considering to rehome the Naso and give it to a friend.

Hope the family gets home soon brother. Things should be getting back to normal soon

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any updates? This is our Reef Of The Day!

OP
OP
fabutahoun

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Guys,
As I said in my last Update more than a month ago, I ran into nitrate and phosphate problem. you know how Acropora can lose color quickly and needs much more time to recover

Nitrate and Phosphate are now under control NO3 is steady at 5 ppm, and PO4 is down to 0.04. Most corals are showing improvement in coloration and growth.

I resolved the issue of heavy cleaning of the sump, and the seachem matrix reactor. dosing vinegar and waste away.

The Scribbled Angel died 2 weeks ago, it was injured in the swimming bladder by the Blonde Naso, I tried to save it in the QT but it couldn't make it.

IMG_2871.JPG

IMG_2876.JPG

Back