Failure to connect to existing wi-fi with doser 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SixtyFeetUnder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running a doser 2 stand-alone with newest updated firmwares as of 2/12/20. Following the GHL doser resource guide I get all the way to the point of saving my WiFi network information in the GCC via USB, assigning an IP address, and then upon disconnecting the doser fails to connect to my existing WiFi through the standard connection.

doser 2 serial number: 1505081006

I need to get this running to set up MyGHL. I’ve submitted a support ticket and posted in the support forum awaiting response. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the reasons I gave up on them. Response times are slow. Once it was set up even with a USB cable it tended to drop off. Not to mention the archaic interface etc.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go through your network settings and make sure they match what you entered into the doser's WiFi settings. Check for any errors in the network name or password. These fields are case sensitive. Any white spaces or wrongly type-in characters will prevent you from connecting wirelessly.

Also check the IP address you assigned. Make sure the IP you are assigning is NOT already being used by another device on your network.

OP
OP
SixtyFeetUnder

SixtyFeetUnder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the reasons I gave up on them. Response times are slow. Once it was set up even with a USB cable it tended to drop off. Not to mention the archaic interface etc.
I’m finding this a very challenging support process and interface. It makes me realize how much I would value seamless system integration when I am typing in DOS prompts.

OP
OP
SixtyFeetUnder

SixtyFeetUnder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go through your network settings and make sure they match what you entered into the doser's WiFi settings. Check for any errors in the network name or password. These fields are case sensitive. Any white spaces or wrongly type-in characters will prevent you from connecting wirelessly.

Also check the IP address you assigned. Make sure the IP you are assigning is NOT already being used by another device on your network.
Vinny - Thank you much for the help and response; I tried to log in to the support forum and respond there but the system locked me out. Would not accept my password, apparently even though the login is the same as myGHL is not single sign on and would not allow me to reset. So I will try to post the screenshots you asked for here.

OP
OP
SixtyFeetUnder

SixtyFeetUnder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AA3B5D15-FE9C-444E-841B-7CE8F67F8E3D.jpeg
B87073A8-66B6-4011-A11C-B0D4CEC33550.jpeg

OP
OP
SixtyFeetUnder

SixtyFeetUnder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I attempted using another three digit IP address and had an identical response. I’m happy to take this to the support forum if it will allow me to reset my password to follow your email response link.

OP
OP
SixtyFeetUnder

SixtyFeetUnder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Vinny - I tried changing the IP address to that in the old app and connecting, still no luck. I am also following along with your support thread.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've replied to your thread on the support forum.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back