Fairly new RO Buddie RODI TDS reading 2Hi

mje113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have an RO Buddie 4-stage RODI that's been used for water changes and ATO for about 3 months for my Fluval EVO 13.5. Because of the minimal water being used I'd say it's barely been used, however I just got a pen TDS meter and it's showing a reading of 2... input water is only 130. The DI membrane is still looking completely black (it's supposed to change color when needing a change), so I'm confused as to what could be the issue.

I feel like it's too early to replace the DI membrane, so was considering just buying a 2nd to put inline with the first. Is this a bad idea? My flow out of my faucet isn't the best so I suppose that could be another issue, however it does still churn out a decent amount of water.

Bigred321

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe the hand tds meter isnt accurate. I would buy a inline tds meter for your rodi unit. I usually dont change my di resin until it gets to around 6 or so.

OP
OP
mje113

mje113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Presuming my meter isn't faulty, would there be any benefit to plumbing in a second DI membrane?

Bigred321

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion no, because the first di canister should be enough. Plus di resin isnt cheap.
Maybe some others will post there opinion..

Back