fairly new to salt water

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my tank up running a little bit over a year. but I am planning on upgrading my tank to a marineland 90 g reef ready tank. I know i'm going to get a sump not sure what kind yet. and for the protein skimmer torn between a reef octopus not sure which one yet or a res sea skimmer. red sea skimmer - RSK 300. reef octopus im thinking - Classic 200INT 8” Internal Protein Skimmer. lights im still going to use my sbreef lights and pump for skimmer a sicca. and I have plenty of circulation pumps I can use. looking for any suggestions on the protein skimmers. heaters I will more than likely have 3 this time. it is not over kill. I had 2 heaters last winter and I couldn't get the temp above the high 60's, so 3 will be installed for the winter months. the local lfs wanted to quote me a coral life skimmer. I told them no on that. and then some other brand. the pump im going with a sicce pump for the sump.. if im forgetting something put your 2 cents worth.

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Reef Octopus skimmer. Specifically the SRO5000-INT. It's a beast and been running flawlessly for 6 years.
I have had others in the past, by my RO skimmers have stood there test of time

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

Good call on the no to coralife. Wondering if you could set up a ranco or inkbird controller and 1 titanium heater that could handle. I cant speak on skimmer, using a nyos but hear good things about reef oct.

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always used the cobalt heaters and never had an issue with the temp. Even when I “forgot” to close a window last winter lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back