Carebearsss.x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!!! How’s your quarantine going??? My names Caroline & my boyfriend and I are setting up a 75Gallon tank.

We were wondering if there are any kind of Tang that we could put in the 75? I know that most of them require 100+Gallons .. but I really want one!!

Also any other recommendations would be great!! Thanks!

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll probably get hammered for saying this... but personally, I would find a small/young yellow tang. Just beware that they become very territorial and while they may not actively chase another tang of a different species, they may be very aggressive as it swims past.

OP
OP
Carebearsss.x

Carebearsss.x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll probably get hammered for saying this... but personally, I would find a small/young yellow tang. Just beware that they become very territorial and while they may not actively chase another tang of a different species, they may be very aggressive as it swims past.
We really REALLY want a yellow tang! They accent the tank so well!

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't try the yellow tang, while a baby one will be fine for a while they get to 10 inches in the wild max 8 inches in tanks, and will be more stressed out the more it grows. +1 to jk_s124 those tangs will work

OP
OP
Carebearsss.x

Carebearsss.x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't try the yellow tang, while a baby one will be fine for a while they get to 10 inches in the wild max 8 inches in tanks, and will be more stressed out the more it grows. +1 to jk_s124 those tangs will work
Sadly, that’s what I’ve also read about the Yellow Tang

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A one spot foxface might work, but they are reef safe with caution. A yellow wrasse would be a great addition too. They can keep some pest populations down as well. So they serve a purpose while also giving you the bright yellow.

kyleThatGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say go with a one spot fox face it’s like a nice tang and is a pretty unique fish with a unique personality it’ll eat out of your hands and everything checks all the boxes.... Just don’t let it poke u

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back