Fall Reefing: What's on the AquaAgenda?

Do you have any special reefing plans for the fall season?

• YES (tell us about it in the thread)

Votes: 58 34.1%
  • NO

Votes: 77 45.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 29 17.1%
  • It's not fall where I'm from!

Votes: 6 3.5%

• Total voters

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to get phosphates up from 0.00 ... dosing NeoPhos ... 0.02 an hour later then back to 0.00 the next day.
Can't wait until I just keep dumping it in without testing and then, one day, notice 2ppm ... doh!

P.S. dry rock sucks,,, just kidding (kinda)
Hello fellow Eric. We are both in the same boat. I've got pesky dinos but I think I beat them. If you can identify the type I could possibly help you if you need it.

ChaetoFarm_Kai

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will be traveling to Orlando next week and plan on visiting WWC and some of the local fish stores while there. Just upgraded to a much larger tank so have lots of room for more corals
Make sure you visit their winter park store too, the staff there is awesome and they have smokin clearance deals on acros right now!

Gary67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes even though it's not fall in FK. i intend to get buy about 4-5 corals acros. i also want to get about 2 more wrasse ans just enjoy my tank wish i did this 20 yrs ago but better late then never

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to get phosphates up from 0.00 ... dosing NeoPhos ... 0.02 an hour later then back to 0.00 the next day.
Can't wait until I just keep dumping it in without testing and then, one day, notice 2ppm ... doh!

P.S. dry rock sucks,,, just kidding (kinda)
Even when the rock is soaked you may still have to dose. I added a doser for neophos and it's dosing 25 ml per day to stay at .06

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This fall I will be attempting to fully stock my tank with fish. It is such a chore to try and source everything from one online store for one single order. There always seems to be 1-2 fish I can't source at the same as all the rest. I do my best to keep a floating cart at the online shops I consider.

NotReefsafe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to get a bunch more corals and figure out a tank mate for my clown :)

JahStar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to take out my oolite sand and add a more heavier sand bed since I have acros in my tank now. When I turn my wavemakers up and just blows to mainly one side of the tank and leaves bare spots. Not sure on how to do but like all my other knowledge im sure I will find an answer on this forum for sure.

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to a fantastically generous R2R member, I'm getting my tank, stand, and sump in November <3 It'll be a little longer before I can get the rock and equipment and all that, but it's a wonderful start!

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well sometime in the fall (November is definitely "fall" in southern California) we're back in the game and adding a shallow tank to our furniture splurge in the living room, so what am I doing tank-wise? Short version: everything. Weekend version? Just manage up some cables for the next 4-8 weeks on the temp setup. Here's the test stand I built that went up for sizing purposes (the real thing will be -4" long, -2" wide and -3" tall vs. what you see in that pic). Sofa, console and nesting side-tables are finding a new home. Excited? Uh, yeah, maybe. Just a little.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 22

Scott's reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I do have more reefing stuff in progress. I'm breaking down my 75 gallon anemone tank and expanding it to my old 125 gallon sps tank that I broke down and changed over to my custom @Glasscages 312 gallon panencala. I need to start a new reef build too.

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned above, not really a fall in Florida. But I'm in the process of setting up a new tank. Got a lot more mini projects left before its complete. And want to build a stand for my waterbox peninsula 25

tigre44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three large bird nests I’m looking to trade one in so that I can add other corals to my tank

StewL6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add Kalkwasser dosing system to my 22 nano and 110 gallon tanks. Work on organizing and improve LPS frag tank 40 gallons. Same with a separate SPS frag tank 45 gallons. Upgrade my water mix station to 50 gallons and upgrade pump and lines to make water changes easy and more efficient.

BlakeStew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely going to do some work on my cabinet and cable management. When I setup my new system in the summer I was focused on getting everything up and running as I was moving over livestock from my older system. Sump is good but the dry side is chaotic. Hoping to jump into the Neptune Systems world and mimic what @Broadfield did on his dry side of the sump.
Also wanting to get some more high end pieces like a CSB and more fish so my nutrient levels can increase and color up my Acros. Hoping to join the Tang Gang by December, just need to get all of my other fish before hand. Few wrasses and possibly an angel.
This aged well, I just scored a CSB from @TCK Corals! Looking forward to getting it in my system :D
Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 4.10.24 PM.png

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back