Fallen Heros

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MY NUMBER ONE BEEF WITH POLICE DEPARTMENTS...NATIONWIDE...CIVILIAN DISPATCHERS. In an effort to save money, civilian dispatcher are taking the place of sworn police personnel to take and dispatch calls. Sorry, but no civilian, no matter how good they are has any idea what the JOB entails. I used to just LOVE when I got the " See about the man / woman threatening to commit suicide."...I used to always ask "HOW?"...and the civilian would say.."How am I suppose to know?" I'd get back on the air..."ASK....makes a difference to me if the person is trying to take pills or stick their head in the oven or if they are armed to the teeth and want to commit suicide by police. Call back and ask...that's your job...to give me as much info as possible so I can safely do mine." At least when you had police personnel, who had spent years and years on the street and then due to injuries or age or whatever, they were assigned to dispatch...they knew what questions to ask, what info you needed and by the sound of your voice if maybe they should get a few more cars rolling your way cause sugar was about to turn into S*^T. If that call taker or dispatcher "KNOWINGLY" left off that info that was right there in front of them, they should be charged with negligent homicide and the department sued to the hilt by the families of the slain officers for allowing a improperly trained person dispatch calls. OOPS...sorry folks...happens when my brothers and sisters are taken out by point of sale that are afforded every right in the constitution, and we are left dangling in the wind. People wonder why police and fire are such close knit families...cause we are all that we have...each other. The Mayors and politicians will all give pretty speeches and make grand stand appearances at the funerals..but the family of blue will be there for the officers wives and families long after the showboating is over!!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Excuse my ignorance, but what happened?

OP
OP
J

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
call came in from mother of the suspect..cops responded and when he opened the door shot the first 2 in the head..and when the 3rd cop when up to try and help the 2 down he shot the 3rd cop as well..They couldnt bring him down fast cause he had on body armor

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See the pics at the front of the story. 3 officers killed in the line of duty answering a disturbance call over a dog peeing in the house...YEP...that was the basis of the call that cost 3 police officers their lives with the suspect complaining he couldn't kill more.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone know why pa does not support the death penelty?

Strictly a conservative versus liberal POV. The last execution was in 1995 and that was the first in I think 33 years. It was under Gov Ridge (R). I understand that there are conservatives that don't support the death penalty and Democrats that do also. I am strictly talking about the people running the Government as a whole.

Here ya go Rev
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/19094064/detail.html

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That angers me so bad!! Sorry for the losses to your community.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just had a news report that our 911 call centers are going to have changes in procedure....hmmmm didn't see this coming. The 911 operator now cannot just ask if there are guns present, but they must also ask what type of guns and where they are located. WHAT! My 10 y/o son would know that you should ask what kind of weapons and where they are located. I can't believe it took this tragic loss to make this standard procedure.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back