Fallow Period Nearing End and was considering a UV sterilizer just for an extra layer of Velvet protection. Thoughts?

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on day 69 of 76 of my fallow period and although I do plan to quarantine for 2 weeks now, I'm still a little paranoid that somehow the dang Velvet dinos will make there way back in. Due to my concern, I was considering adding a UV sterilizer to my 20 gallon since I've read stories that suggest it can control them if early on. All opinions are welcome.
Thank you.

atul176

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on day 69 of 76 of my fallow period and although I do plan to quarantine for 2 weeks now, I'm still a little paranoid that somehow the dang Velvet dinos will make there way back in. Due to my concern, I was considering adding a UV sterilizer to my 20 gallon since I've read stories that suggest it can control them if early on. All opinions are welcome.
Thank you.

There’s no harm in adding one, but you’re well past the fallow for velvet if I recall. The UV can help minimize other parasitic outbreaks as well as help against Dino’s. If you have money to spend, getting a UV can be pretty helpful.

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s no harm in adding one, but you’re well past the fallow for velvet if I recall. The UV can help minimize other parasitic outbreaks as well as help against Dino’s. If you have money to spend, getting a UV can be pretty helpful.
what wattage would be good for a 20?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back