• Just ME!

Votes: 22 47.8%

• Total voters

seitzjh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who out here has their household family involved in this hobby? Are your kids involved and are they learning or wanting to learn about the different species and their scientific and common names that live in your tanks? Do you use it as family bonding time? Who has what chores?

Let's see what everybody has to say.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still trying to get my daughter to change the skimmer cup;Hilarious That chore is mine but my wife has helped with that before. It is really enjoyable to have my family involved. My oldest daughter will show her science teacher pics of our tank and discuss marine environments. Makes me proud.

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife calls it the "fish hole" that I get lost in. Thinks it looks nice but that's the extent of it. 17 yo daughter will watch the tank while I'm out on business. . . for a price.

13 yo daughter's life revolves completely around volleyball. I don't even know if she's aware we have an aquarium. :p

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still trying to get my daughter to change the skimmer cup;Hilarious That chore is mine but my wife has helped with that before. It is really enjoyable to have my family involved. My oldest daughter will show her science teacher pics of our tank and discuss marine environments. Makes me proud.

You're obviously raising them right! :)

Steve509

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife has become addicted...she was the one to convince me to pull the trigger on a RSR xl 525. My 14 yo is into fish and coral...not so much maintenance and testing. But he does impress me with his knowledge of ocean life. My 10 yo helps with testing and a bit of maintenance but is pretty picky about what he thinks we need in the tank.

OP
OP
seitzjh

seitzjh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still in the build process. My 6 year old seems to be interested. He loves watching blue planet with me. I guess I'll find out once things are up and running how interested he will be. My 4 year old has the attention span of a gnat. The wife will probably only look at time to time.

Chuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what you mean by involved. My kids love the fish and coral. My Wife also likes the corals and even helps pick them out/ buys some. As for maintenance that’s all me. If I got out of town it’s as if no one was home with the thing beyond maybe feeding.

Edit: The wife also helps me interpret colors for the weekly testing being as I can’t tell the difference between most of them. How could I forget that.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back