OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that setosa. Is that a hawkins blue echinata, middle left of the tank?
Hey Ryan,

I do have a Hawkins echinata but it's just a frag right now. My colony did not make the move when I bought a new house and moved the tank. The frag is right above the large Frag Farmers Red Robin stag colony that is above the setosa.

If you are looking at that really blue colony on the right edge of the left rock structure, its an Oregon tort colony.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks more like a hawkings in the one Marie7 linked next to the green one. But it looks to be right next to the setosa in the fish feeding video.
Oh no, that's a random mariculture colony I picked up. Its like a teal blue sarmentosa.

The Hawkins is above it and to the left... Barely poking out behind the frag farmers Red Robin stag colony.

Ryan Friman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me, the colony in both videos next to the setosa reminds me of my hawkings. I love yours. I did see something that was peeking out in the start of the other video that you were probably talking about. I consider those real sticks since they do not have many polyps. Those are the SPS that I am having trouble with. So, I bought a MP40 and put my hawkings pretty close to direct flow and high light. It is still alive so I think I am doing something right.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me, the colony in both videos next to the setosa reminds me of my hawkings. I love yours. I did see something that was peeking out in the start of the other video that you were probably talking about. I consider those real sticks since they do not have many polyps. Those are the SPS that I am having trouble with. So, I bought a MP40 and put my hawkings pretty close to direct flow and high light. It is still alive so I think I am doing something right.
The smooth skins are definitely on the more difficult side so if yours is doing well, you're doing something right!

Ryan Friman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The smooth skins are definitely on the more difficult side so if yours is doing well, you're doing something right!
I am kind of worried. I broke it off the plug. so, I stuffed it into some epoxy. I am hoping that does not effect it. Have you ever taken a frag and submerged it into expoxy? will it be able to encrust, if that us what it does in the first palce?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am kind of worried. I broke it off the plug. so, I stuffed it into some epoxy. I am hoping that does not effect it. Have you ever taken a frag and submerged it into expoxy? will it be able to encrust, if that us what it does in the first palce?
You'll be fine. It'll start growing over that epoxy.

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy Cow! RR Rainbow Blossum I got from Diesel last year is on fire lately. Believe it or not, this is a white light photo!
RRRainbowBlossum (1 of 1).jpg
Holy cow is an understatement. Stunning piece and beautiful aquarium! I'm late to the party thats for sure

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy cow is an understatement. Stunning piece and beautiful aquarium! I'm late to the party thats for sure
Thanks Dodgerblew! I'm still in awe of it... What acro looks like that under 14k whites? Seriously crazy! My brain said something else other than Holy cow but this is a family forum. [emoji23]

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang Farmer, why didn't you force me across to your thread! @bubbaque I'm holding you accountable too for hogging all the attention with your tank [emoji14]

Farmer you have an incredible display with some incredibly healthy and colourful corals :eek::cool::D

Oh no! Wrangy found me! [emoji12]

Thank you sir! I'm trying to hold down the middle of the US while Bubba has the east side covered. [emoji23]

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 109 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back