FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice! I think I need to free it from the frag rack. It just barely encrusted in like 7 months. There are things that turned into colonies in that same timeframe!
Mine started a bit slow but now its growing quite fast....its a nice colour. I am a hoarder of orange millies. :D

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefwise Lemondrop! No, not the OG CC Lemondrop, nobody has seen that for years now... We're calling that one lost to the reefing community. This is about the best current version of the Lemondrop I've seen these days. Just gorgeous and holding its colors under LEDs.

reefwiselemondrop (1 of 1) (1).jpg

reefwiselemondrop (1 of 1)-2.jpg

infernoandlemondrop (1 of 1).jpg

This finally convinced me to try a nem again, it has been over 6 months since I lost the last one.
I have done a lot of reading over the past couple of months about nems, "acclimation" will be over 2 weeks kind of, I will fill my oxydators the day I add it, this is all theoretical and I don't have a way of measuring orp.
MY theory is that because because people have noticed orp drops when they re fill them the nem will be added when it is stressed to the low orp which then rises back up, in theory to where it was or a touch higher.
I have the perfect spot for it that it will hate and just move where it wants! ;)

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This finally convinced me to try a nem again, it has been over 6 months since I lost the last one.
I have done a lot of reading over the past couple of months about nems, "acclimation" will be over 2 weeks kind of, I will fill my oxydators the day I add it, this is all theoretical and I don't have a way of measuring orp.
MY theory is that because because people have noticed orp drops when they re fill them the nem will be added when it is stressed to the low orp which then rises back up, in theory to where it was or a touch higher.
I have the perfect spot for it that it will hate and just move where it wants! ;)
I just refilled my oxydator a couple days ago. Here's how my ORP responded if it helps with your planning. There was a severe drop in ORP on the night of the 19th.

The anemones didn't bat an eyelash at it but every system is different and perhaps mine has gotten accustomed to it.

cddef227425b6bb842ffb17e80c8826b.jpg

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just refilled my oxydator a couple days ago. Here's how my ORP responded if it helps with your planning. There was a severe drop in ORP on the night of the 19th.

The anemones didn't bat an eyelash at it but every system is different and perhaps mine has gotten accustomed to it.

cddef227425b6bb842ffb17e80c8826b.jpg

That really helps, my tank is run in a sort of ramble on stylee!
None of my levels fluctuate that much that I worry about it.
It is the one known variable, it is to do with oxydation, it appears to happen about 24 - 48 hours after a re fill so people have reported.
The nem will go in around the predicted (by me) dip and subsequent rise in orp, that's the plan anyway! ;)

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That really helps, my tank is run in a sort of ramble on stylee!
None of my levels fluctuate that much that I worry about it.
It is the one known variable, it is to do with oxydation, it appears to happen about 24 - 48 hours after a re fill so people have reported.
The nem will go in around the predicted (by me) dip and subsequent rise in orp, that's the plan anyway! ;)
Good luck my friend. I hope it goes well for you!

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to the club!

I had no interest in a nem until this thread!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll take one of each nem thanks Farmer! They'll fetch me a nice $5-$10k each here in Aus haha LOVE the bounce though :D
Holy moly! If you are for real, I'm taking a free trip to Australia thanks to anemones! [emoji23]

Is the market there devoid of awesome Nems?

I'm new to the bounce world. I'm just trying not to kill it. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While you have the camera out for the asd rainbow milli, can you take a pic of the firecracker also?
My firecracker isn't much. I got it from a buddy and it was basically encrustment on a plug with a couple small shoots coming out of it. It's pretty lame right now but I can see it growing now so hopefully something worth photographing soon.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While you have the camera out for the asd rainbow milli, can you take a pic of the firecracker also?

Here you go bud. Looks about the same to me as my last picture of it. Probably about the same size too since people always ask me to frag it!
ASDmille (1 of 1).jpg

My RR Firecracker - just encrustment right now so nothing too special yet.
RRFirecracker (1 of 1).jpg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Your Rainbow milli is probably the nicest one I’ve seen! Well done!
Really? I thought it was nice but surely some are even better colored out there... At least I would think. [emoji4] Thanks for the compliment bud.

I've seen some cooked mainly under blues and they are like bright yellow with neon green polyps. Pretty in its own right but I don't ever run enough blues to ever get it to do that... Or have angels that let me actually see green polyps. [emoji16]

Last edited:

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since @bubbaque made me pull out the camera last night... I snapped these for fun while at it.

JF Foxflame
JFFoxflame (1 of 1) (1).jpg

Vivid aquariums rainbow
VArainbow (1 of 1).jpg

FarmerTy Purple Efflo
FTPurpleefflo (1 of 1).jpg

Pearlberry
IMG_20180922_205312.jpg

Watchguy123 Blue Floyd
Bluefloyd (1 of 1).jpg

Amazing Corals, That Efflo is insane !!!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back