FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Francesca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Longtime cruiser of the club, first-time build thread poster.

I'm not going to bore you with details of when my passion for the hobby began and my first fish tank... yada yada yada.

I know what everyone came for... pics and videos! Please be patient with me as I figure out how to post videos and pics on this forum. I got it down pat on my local forum so forgive the missteps while navigating the learning curve.

Shot these last night, enjoy!

Lovely looking reef :)

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE your tank. I see in one of your posts you mentioned "see it across the room coral" What are some of your favorites? TIa
Thanks for following!

Some of my favorite "see across the room" corals are my Oregon Tort, green slimer, CR Electric Miyagi, Tyree Pink Lemonade, FarmerTy Purple Efflo, Strawberry Shortcake, GARF Purple Bonsai, Tyree Tricolor, ORA Hawkins Echinata, FarmerTy Lava Monster, Palmer's Blue Mille, JasonFox Fox flame, and SunnyX Sunset mille. Most of these are old school and honestly, they are the best for across the room good looks. In my experience, a lot of the newer and "high end" pieces these days look great under a closer view and from the top down or mainly under bluer lighting or even ALL blues.

The ones listed above look great from across the room and from the front as well and look great under what I call "regular lighting", at least for me that is. Somewhere around a 12k-14k spectrum... The sand is white... Not blue.

I enjoy my high end pieces too, don't get me wrong. They look amazing in the frag tank as you're already looking down on them anyways and seeing their colors like that is insane.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"regular lighting" rocks, I actually like when my corals do max "normal" lighting, they are what they are!
Excuse the pic on you journal, about 30 minutes ago England time!
DSC_0003 by sshipuk, on Flickr
Beautiful! So healthy and inflated!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ashamed of myself for not following this earlier :( Bad bad bad :mad:

Incredible tank FarmerTy! Feel like this is a must follow!
Thanks for following blackizzz! It's the kid pic that sealed the deal, isn't it? [emoji12]

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for following!

Some of my favorite "see across the room" corals are my Oregon Tort, green slimer, CR Electric Miyagi, Tyree Pink Lemonade, FarmerTy Purple Efflo, Strawberry Shortcake, GARF Purple Bonsai, Tyree Tricolor, ORA Hawkins Echinata, FarmerTy Lava Monster, Palmer's Blue Mille, JasonFox Fox flame, and SunnyX Sunset mille. Most of these are old school and honestly, they are the best for across the room good looks. In my experience, a lot of the newer and "high end" pieces these days look great under a closer view and from the top down or mainly under bluer lighting or even ALL blues.

The ones listed above look great from across the room and from the front as well and look great under what I call "regular lighting", at least for me that is. Somewhere around a 12k-14k spectrum... The sand is white... Not blue.

I enjoy my high end pieces too, don't get me wrong. They look amazing in the frag tank as you're already looking down on them anyways and seeing their colors like that is insane.
Interesting thought.

It's part of why we have a harem of royal gramma instead of a pair of black cap.
Both are beautiful!
But you can pick out the grammas from sitting across the room.

Thanks for an amazing tank thread!

dricc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting thought.

It's part of why we have a harem of royal gramma instead of a pair of black cap.
Both are beautiful!
But you can pick out the grammas from sitting across the room.

Thanks for an amazing tank thread!
Funny I am setting up my new tank and my first fish will be a trio of royal grammas.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unique Corals Red Velvet - Color is finally coming back after the TDS incident. It's one of the last to regain color in the tank.
UCredvelvet (1 of 1)-1.jpg

Cultivated Reef Electric Miyagi tort - Just wow... Never waivers... Always looks good.
SRElectricmiyagi (1 of 1).jpg

Westside Purplishous - it's always nice to find a good purple acro.
Westsidepurplicious (1 of 1).jpg

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, nothing like starting the day with a City-wide boil your water notice which they have no idea when it'll end. [emoji53]
Feel your pain. They’re putting in a new subdivision just down the street and we got boil notices like once every week or two for what seemed like months.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel your pain. They’re putting in a new subdivision just down the street and we got boil notices like once every week or two for what seemed like months.
Annoying for sure! How has your tank done with all the boil notices? A new subdivision is going in right across the road from me soon. [emoji44]

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Annoying for sure! How has your tank done with all the boil notices? A new subdivision is going in right across the road from me soon. [emoji44]
Tank did just fine. I didn’t notice any major changes. Most of the time it was because pipes would be broken and repaired or lines were tied into the water main. At most I think my RODI sediment filter had to work harder.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank did just fine. I didn’t notice any major changes. Most of the time it was because pipes would be broken and repaired or lines were tied into the water main. At most I think my RODI sediment filter had to work harder.
Good to know! I guess its not like when the City works on it... They will flush with chloramines in my area if they do. That's a nightmare!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back