FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Gregg @ ADP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took some left and right rockscape photos a couple weeks ago. This is under 14k white light.
IMG_20181114_164552.jpg

rightscape (1 of 1).jpg
Awesome. Great work!

Love the fish selection. Looks like it’s straight out of my playbook. What is your daily feeding regimen?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Great work!

Love the fish selection. Looks like it’s straight out of my playbook. What is your daily feeding regimen?
Thank you!

3x pellets and 2x frozen (mysis, blood worms, krill, fish roe, squid, clams, mussels, shrimp, fish, and Rods) daily with half a sheet of nori.

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll lend you both my venusta , flame angel is nothing compared to it.
I'll take your venusta! [emoji7]

It really surprised me to see polyps honestly. I have a 4" emperor angel, 5" scribbled angel, 4" majestic angel, 3" flame angel, 4" regal angel, and a 3" Japanese masked angel... The latter one not usually a nipper.

I don't know why they started popping out polyps but I'll take it.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a live video broadcast last week cutting a super rare bubbletip anemone. Figured I'd share here in case anybody was interested. Forgive the upright video and the terrible color on everything but doing a live feed didn't let me adjust either one of those.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a live video broadcast last week cutting a super rare bubbletip anemone. Figured I'd share here in case anybody was interested. Forgive the upright video and the terrible color on everything but doing a live feed didn't let me adjust either one of those.

Ty! You should not be stepping on that shelf at 9:54, that thing flexed like a diving board!

Cool vid though!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty! You should not be stepping on that shelf at 9:54, that thing flexed like a diving board!

Cool vid though!
Haha, I could have used a better piece of wood. That pine flexes like nobody's business. The wood itself is supported by a 2" square steel tubing frame that is attached to the tank stand so that is solid but you're right... The weak point is the wood I chose to use. [emoji51]

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cool vid though!

Haha, I was in the fish room and he got up there to walk around and I said the same thing! He says it's supported by 2" steel, but I guarantee you if I got up on that thing it would break in half!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, I was in the fish room and he got up there to walk around and I said the same thing! He says it's supported by 2" steel, but I guarantee you if I got up on that thing it would break in half!
I'm a buck thirty dripping wet at most... Balsa wood would hold me. [emoji23]

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See! I made sure it could hold Shaq! I just skimped on the wood part though! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Bad engineering move there but it appealed to my cheap side.
d10e9efbf76ca46e83e3b947c8068063.jpg
You could just cut a matching piece of ply and screw it on top, double it up. That way you wouldnt have to take anything apart and it would certainly bulk it up for the long haul and give you that safety factor : )

Just something to consider.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could just cut a matching piece of ply and screw it on top, double it up. That way you wouldnt have to take anything apart and it would certainly bulk it up for the long haul and give you that safety factor : )

Just something to consider.
Thanks BigJohnny! I have a 3/4" thick piece of plywood already sitting in the garage but was waiting for motivation to swap the piece out. I haven't had that motivation for awhile. [emoji23]

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks BigJohnny! I have a 3/4" thick piece of plywood already sitting in the garage but was waiting for motivation to swap the piece out. I haven't had that motivation for awhile. [emoji23]
When ur old piece of balsa wood fails and u slam ur private’s into that metal stand I bet u will have some motivation

U only have to fall thru one piece of wood onto ur junk to never want that to happen again

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back