OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. You might not want the humidity issue it comes with, sigh. I’d be more than happy to hold some backup frags for down the road though. :D
My portable AC does an okay job of dehumidifying too. Not as good as a standalone but at least it only feels slightly swampish in there instead of full Florida swamp.

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My portable AC does an okay job of dehumidifying too. Not as good as a standalone but at least it only feels slightly swampish in there instead of full Florida swamp.
I have a window unit that I think will do ok in the summer months, but in the cooler months I think I’m going to be forced to run a portable dehumidifier. The only issue with that is the added heat. I may end up running the AC in the winter months too. Then again that’s not completely out of the ordinary for our part of the country.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a window unit that I think will do ok in the summer months, but in the cooler months I think I’m going to be forced to run a portable dehumidifier. The only issue with that is the added heat. I may end up running the AC in the winter months too. Then again that’s not completely out of the ordinary for our part of the country.
My portable ac unit does both dehumidify and ac or just fan. When it's on dehumidify it really doesn't heat up the air, that gets expelled out the exhaust.

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My portable ac unit does both dehumidify and ac or just fan. When it's on dehumidify it really doesn't heat up the air, that gets expelled out the exhaust.

My dry setting only seems to work when the thermostat is set low enough to kick the compressor on... so if it’s cool already it doesn’t do much other than run the fan.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably have more confetti frags than Vivid does, LOL. Wish i was up for one, a little too soon after my December debacle.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] It's a good grower and I hardly ever frag it. I finally did because that side is getting a little close to my Colorado Sunburst anemone and I'd rather have frags I can pass along instead of dead branches. [emoji51]

Hope 2019 is treating you better!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back