FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was cleaning my back glass with the cover off and took a quick cell phone snap of the back of my purple efflo colony. I only get to see this view every couple weeks when I clean the back glass from the fish room side.

So is the back of your tank clear and you have a black cover you put behind it? What material do you use for the cover? How do you keep it in place? Tank is looking better than ever!

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RMF Flavor Parade settling in nicely and showing better colors.
acros (5 of 10).jpg

Silver bullet Prostrata - I need to shot a video of this one day in action... Watching those silvery polyps whipping around in the current is eye-catching.
acros (6 of 10).jpg

ORA Bellini - harder to find ORA classic that is just awesome
acros (7 of 10).jpg
Silver bullet prostrada... I think you just helped me ID one of my unknowns! Thanks lol! It’s a cool one!
Beautiful setup and acro collection!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is the back of your tank clear and you have a black cover you put behind it? What material do you use for the cover? How do you keep it in place? Tank is looking better than ever!
Thank you!

I used pvc foamboard and cut it to size. Since I have a middle overflow, I cut two 3' sections and had them meet in the middle. It stays in place via my "hidden" frag rack magnets but also slightly clicks on place to the plastic trim on the glass tank.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every once in awhile its fun to take pure Actinic shots. These are all taken under actinics/UV only with a brown filter, not orange filter, so pretty accurate to real life.

Vivid Confetti
actinicshots (11 of 11).jpg

RMF Bubble yum
actinicshots (8 of 11).jpg

RR Rainbow Blossum
actinicshots (10 of 11).jpg

RandyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actinics continued

TGC Cherry Bomb
actinicshots (6 of 11).jpg

Love the actinic pics! :)

I picked up a TGC Cherry Bomb a while ago. I still can't get that super reddish-pink color out of it yet. Just curious how much light you have on yours.

That thing can get some crazy PE. Here's a video I took of mine about a couple months ago under the blues.

Last edited:

blackizzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I picked up a TGC Cherry Bomb a couple months a ago. I still can't get that super reddish-pink color out of it yet. Just curious how much light you have on yours.

That thing can get some crazy PE. Here's a video I took of mine about a couple months ago under the blues.

Did you put a piece of lawn in your tank? You did, didn't you? :eek::p

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo ggoooooodddd :D :D :D
Thanks bud!

I picked up a TGC Cherry Bomb a while ago. I still can't get that super reddish-pink color out of it yet. Just curious how much light you have on yours.

Thank you. I've only had mine for a couple months so still feeling it out. It didn't come in with any reddish-pink. I currently have it at 350 par under radions.
I love da cherry bomb.
And my Confetti.. thanks Ty.. :)
20190226_091823.jpeg
20190226_091920.jpeg
Nice Cherry Bomb! That's a good size!

Absolutely, the confetti is awesome!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally, some 14k white light pictures.

JF Homewrecker... Finally moved it up to higher par and it's rewarding me with just more than green. I should have done this months ago. Got a lot more to go but I like what I'm seeing so far.
HW (1 of 1).jpg

OG Purple Monster
purple monster (1 of 1).jpg

Daniks Smurf Goblin
Was all green for awhile but finally getting some blue. I blasted it with a little too much par and now it seems to have settled. Hoping more blue starts coming in.
danikssmurfgoblin (1 of 1)-1.jpg

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol that PVC is comically large. I got a quick clip last night of her gorging on pellets. Seriously, I offer high quality GOURMET food, nahhhh. She wants the Mcdonalds of the ocean.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BueHSxtHXs-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I'll be releasing a quick video this weekend to talk about what happened with shipping and all that.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back