FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that looks nothing like my pearly weird
AE74A749-E39E-48FF-B12D-58AF76E958CB.jpeg
Mine is super pearly under the radions... Very much like his stock photo but less dark than his.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought this was interesting and wanted to share it. Here is my JF Altered Ego monti. I've always been told it appreciated higher par but never had a spot to give it that. Well, I finally moved it and in the last couple weeks you can see the color actually develop on it but in crazy streaks. Wild!
alteredego (1 of 1).jpg

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought this was interesting and wanted to share it. Here is my JF Altered Ego monti. I've always been told it appreciated higher par but never had a spot to give it that. Well, I finally moved it and in the last couple weeks you can see the color actually develop on it but in crazy streaks. Wild!
alteredego (1 of 1).jpg
Neat

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alteredego (1 of 1).jpg

I need to move mine. It looks like the dull portions of yours

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flashback 5 years ago to this day.
PSX_20190305_083508.jpg

Just moved everything to the new 215 gallon tank... Rocking the 400 watt MHs and if I remember correctly, two 14k bulbs and the middle was a 10k (gross). Little did I know that angels were cool, not tangs!

If only I had known that my dinky hydrometer (don't kill me, I didn't do water changes back then either so having a working salinity measurer was of little use) read the wrong value and my salinity was really 1.031 in the new tank when I transferred everything. You can even see the slow look of death in the acros before I realized what was going on.

Oh to be young and stupid...

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RMF Unicorns Mane - best shot I've been able to get so far. They always come out fuzzy and with hardly any definition.
rmfunicornsmane (1 of 1).jpg

RRC Shazam - colors have really settled in and it looks fantastic. The subtle colors are amazing.
Rrcshazam (1 of 1).jpg

TGC Cherry Bomb - starting to get some good growth now. Not bad for a nub to start with.

tgccherrybomb (1 of 1).jpg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ty, not sure if the info is already there, but do you feed something particular to your angels?
Do you use the brightwell additives?
Thanks, i just made the move to get 2 angels (majestic and regal).
Hi Sam,

I feed them normal food most do... NLS pellets, seaweed, and a mix of frozen bloodworms, mysis, krill, Rods, and Hikari Angel food mix with real sponges in it.

I also feed a mix of my own frozen made up of tilapia, capellini eggs, clams, scallops, shrimp, octopus, and squid.

I do not use the additives though I did try it once to try to get a regal angel to eat while on QT. Not sure if it helped or not... It was a long time ago.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ty I'll be leaving for Austin tomorrow through Saturday. Anything recommendations or things I need to check out?
Try to make it to Austin Aqua Farms. They are only open Saturday I believe from 1-4pm to the public. Otherwise, I enjoy Aquadome and River City Aquatics. I'd offer you to swing by but its my son's 2nd birthday this weekend and there's a lot going on.

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to make it to Austin Aqua Farms. They are only open Saturday I believe from 1-4pm to the public. Otherwise, I enjoy Aquadome and River City Aquatics. I'd offer you to swing by but its my son's 2nd birthday this weekend and there's a lot going on.

FYI, give them a call at aqua farms, they are there during the week it's just never a set schedule. If they are there, you can still swing by!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back