FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Reefpuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flashback 5 years ago to this day.
PSX_20190305_083508.jpg

So in the last 5 years you've added a bunch of Angelfish...and your acros have colored up substantially? o_O

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank!

2 questions for you:

1. How’s the bandit? I had one 12 or so years ago. Looking to get a small one 2-3”.

2. What setting to do you run your radions on? For how long? How high off the water? Any supplemental lighting with them or no? How many radions?

Thanks.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank!

2 questions for you:

1. How’s the bandit? I had one 12 or so years ago. Looking to get a small one 2-3”.

2. What setting to do you run your radions on? For how long? How high off the water? Any supplemental lighting with them or no? How many radions?

Thanks.

Thank you!

1) Model citizen with SPS.

2) I run an ATI 8-bulb Sunpower T5 Fixture with two SBREEF Actinic bars as supplement over the display. I have two Radion G4 pros over my low boy frag tank with a hybrid aquaticlife fixture with 4 t5s bulbs.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last but not least... 3 weeks... Alive in the display... Acropora spathulata... Came in pretty light but coloring up slowly and looking healthy so far.

Last time I made the mistake of blasting a spathulata with light and flow and it RTNed in a day. I'm hoping a lower par introduction and then slowly moving to higher par and flow will be the trick to keeping alive this tricky specimen.
spathulata (1 of 1).jpg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember your first attempt. Did it die from the dip?
You remember better then me man. All I have is my build thread to reference. Lol. That does sound about right... I obliterated it with potassium chloride I believe.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really liking this color from the RMF Bubble Yum!
rmfbubbleyum (1 of 1).jpg

RR Rainbow Blossum - i swear this looks different every time I look at it. Must still be adjusting to my lights.
rrrainbowblossum1 (1 of 1).jpg

AV99 Orange Sunset - starting to see that nice orange come in
av99sunsetenvy (1 of 1).jpg

BC Teen Wolf reacting after feeding the tank
bcteenwolf (1 of 1).jpg

Snipers Bubblegum... Coloring up very interestingly under the polyps... Growth has been a little slow though
snipersbubblegum (1 of 1).jpg

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank finally has stabilized past an ugly phase too with changing up lighting among other things and battling different algae like you’ve been enjoying. My Baton Rouge you sent me is getting that infected color you spoke of - it’s pretty sweet. I dose kalk through makeup water which helps keep the ph right at 8.3. Are you running kalk and where are you aiming for ph?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank finally has stabilized past an ugly phase too with changing up lighting among other things and battling different algae like you’ve been enjoying. My Baton Rouge you sent me is getting that infected color you spoke of - it’s pretty sweet. I dose kalk through makeup water which helps keep the ph right at 8.3. Are you running kalk and where are you aiming for ph?

Its a wonderful sight when all the goop disappears isn't it? My nem tank is just about sparkling right now.

Awesome! What par do you keep it in? Got a good picture of it?

I am currently dosing kalk through my ATO and have adjusted my CaRX to put out less output to compensate. It keeps my range around 8.1-8.3

When I run the CO2 scrubber with it, it gives me a range of 8.3-8.5.

I'll try with the scrubber for awhile and see how that goes. A buddy reported more fragile skeletons around that pH so I'm wondering if I'll see the same thing or not. If I do, I'll probably scrap the scrubber and just do kalk.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back