FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Forgot to mention... the final culprit... a biopellet reactor that clogged and then exploded... then did it again. I pulled it out and proceeded to run it over with my car... the number of times I’m too embarrassed to say. Okay, maybe I didn’t do that but dreaming about it did give me joy.

Best reef aquarium LED lighting
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Wow! What a tough ride! Glad all is ok and hope there are no residual effects.
I'm hoping not but you know acros... they'll tell you two weeks later sometimes.
sorry to hear all the issues, but things tend to always happen so. One thing, then another, and possibly one more for good measure.
I was joking with Bubba that bad things come in 3s... then it went up to 4 counting coming back from vacation to an angry tank and I was a bit concerned what else would happen!

joseserrano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm hoping not but you know acros... they'll tell you two weeks later sometimes.

I was joking with Bubba that bad things come in 3s... then it went up to 4 counting coming back from vacation to an angry tank and I was a bit concerned what else would happen!
I'm sure you don't need this advice, but this may be good for others to hear. It is probably a good time to give all the other equipment running an inspection. No matter what brand or cost your equipment is/was, it will fail eventually. Everything, including the tank will one day need to be replaced.

https://www.omegasea.net/

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Dang dude, I feel for you (It took me some time to summon up the courage to say that). No more whammies!

Malifry97

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the compliments! It's much appreciated and I also like the fact that I don't have to name some corals... that there are plenty of acroholics on this club to just spot out an Oregon Tort. [emoji3]

I do frag locally but have never tried my hand at shipping. Once the busy season slows down with work and if there's enough interest, maybe I'll shoot out some frag packs and give a good discount for my first recipients to be my guinea pigs.
ill be a guinea pig lol

OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm sure you don't need this advice, but this may be good for others to hear. It is probably a good time to give all the other equipment running an inspection. No matter what brand or cost your equipment is/was, it will fail eventually. Everything, including the tank will one day need to be replaced.
Fully agreed! I like to check most equipment quarterly and give them a good cleaning to make sure things are still functional. As my operation increases in number of tanks and equipment, I find myself needing to create a QA/QC checklist to make sure I stay on task.
Dang dude, I feel for you (It took me some time to summon up the courage to say that). No more whammies!
Say what? The great Maximus finally found some empathy for his buddy in Texas? What a glorious day! :D
ill be a guinea pig lol
That quote was from 4 years ago!!! :oops: Let's just say I'm pretty proficient at shipping these days! :D

OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Dood! Stop forking up your tank! I think I need to call the CPS (Coral Protection Services) and have all your coral removed from your care and placed in a foster home (my tank)!

Feel for you though....that’s sounds like a painful experience.
I'm an abusive acro keeper! I just consider it acclimating them to stressors to help build stronger and more resistent corals. Yeah... that's it!

Corals.com

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Holy moley! That's wild, another reason I try to keep things as simple as possible (that and I'm really lazy!)

This is my biggest concern for you! Either way, sounds like you've built up some super resilient acros!

OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Holy moley! That's wild, another reason I try to keep things as simple as possible (that and I'm really lazy!)

This is my biggest concern for you! Either way, sounds like you've built up some super resilient acros!
Some like my oregon tort I've been beating up for 6-7 years now. I'm hoping their super-resilient by now! Used to my shenanigans...

Jimbo662

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP!!! That tank is on what...its 6th or 7th life???? That's all insane and so glad you were able to get it all worked out!

Scientists need to get frags from you to repopulate the worlds reefs...they're already battle hardened!!! ;-)

cmaxwell39

View Badges
Reaction score
Just finished reading through the entire thread. You have had some ups and downs, but I love your attitude through it all. Thanks for sharing your whole journey with us and not just the parts where everything is good.

Hoping for no delayed reactions to the recent turmoil your tank has gone through. Glad you were able to think quickly enough to get parameters back in line in a timely manner to minimize the damage.

https://www.omegasea.net/

What is the deciding factor(s) for why you choose the salt you use? Mulitple choice available!

• Price

Votes: 183 39.7%
  • Brand Loyality

Votes: 53 11.5%
  • Mixes Easy

Votes: 156 33.8%
  • Mixes Clean

Votes: 181 39.3%
  • Mixes to the right parameters

Votes: 286 62.0%
  • Easy to get

Votes: 134 29.1%