FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

kdino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats! Upgrading tanks is always fun! Thanks for tuning in!

Just for you! A pic of a monti.
AC262F5B-79FF-418C-B5C6-2AE562DA7AB4.jpeg
tropic thunder?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just amazing like always, was behind 3 pages, and that Greg's efflo is amazing!
How dare you! At most, you’re allowed to fall behind 1 page. I’m an understanding guy.. people have busy lives and families. 3 pages is just absurd. Haha.
I love that Greg c efflo. I want it to take over that whole front section.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI people who read this ty will tell you You need to keep the freak nasty in low light if you want it to look red and not pale

aabjones888

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol....it’s an original stunner
How dare you! At most, you’re allowed to fall behind 1 page. I’m an understanding guy.. people have busy lives and families. 3 pages is just absurd. Haha.

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time no chat! That baton rouge you always talked about has turned out awesome!

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

After reading this and realizing what is required of those that are interested in following this thread, I have turned in my notice at work so that I can make sure that I never fall behind again. Lol. My new mission in life is to hit refresh on this thread and always stay up to date.

All kidding aside, tank is looking great. The colors and growth you are getting is something for anyone to strive for. How is the backup system coming along?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time no chat! That baton rouge you always talked about has turned out awesome!
Thanks Aaron! Where have you been sir? Hope things are well!
After reading this and realizing what is required of those that are interested in following this thread, I have turned in my notice at work so that I can make sure that I never fall behind again. Lol. My new mission in life is to hit refresh on this thread and always stay up to date.

All kidding aside, tank is looking great. The colors and growth you are getting is something for anyone to strive for. How is the backup system coming along?
That’s what I’m talking about! People are so afraid of commitment these days. I’m glad to see someone all in!

Thank you! Backup is purring like a kitten right now. I have some cord management to do and finalize ATO plumbing but otherwise, sitting pretty. It finished cycling last week and I put a tester Fungia plate in there to monitor ability to keep anything alive.
Loving the new pics as always. So gorgeous and, one day, I too will have a macro lens and be just like Ty :D
I love my Tamron 90mm macro and my Laowa 60mm macro. I bought an older model of the Tamron for $150 and works great. The Laowa was brand new at $400 and results are amazing to me.

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Tamron 90mm macro and my Laowa 60mm macro. I bought an older model of the Tamron for $150 and works great. The Laowa was brand new at $400 and results are amazing to me.

I saw elsewhere on the forums that the manual focus lenses are much better starting points, since the AF jacks the price up almost double. Are those two you mention MF, thus the lower price?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw elsewhere on the forums that the manual focus lenses are much better starting points, since the ** jacks the price up almost double. Are those two you mention MF, thus the lower price?
That’s correct. Both are manual. Shooting at that range, even if it had auto, I’d still be using manual the whole time anyways. So why pay extra?

The tamron was cheaper because it was an older model too. I have no complaints for price/value ratio on that one.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back