OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fleshdunce my dude, it's a Dead Kennedys reference, Adam must have a little bit of punk rock in him.

I'd love to see a photo, always nice to make sure I'm on the right track!
Ahh, thanks for the correction. I’m about as hip as a Richard Marx jam session.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CC blood moon
CD801C3E-8AED-489E-ABF4-209AD8BF163A.jpeg

BKchem brain freeze
1B4F17D6-CA50-4D69-97B1-18FBB25F367F.jpeg

TCK plutonium pikachu
C116A07E-D589-4C25-A5DE-2222BE34942E.jpeg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"BC Conveyor belt of fleshdunce". Lol some of these names...

That BKchem brain freeze is really cool looking...does it hold that color when it becomes a colony?
That name actually drives me nuts. Having to write that each time... sigh.

I think the Brain Freeze will be based on how the frag is coloring. We all know the frags showcase the best looking parts of a colony... the tip. But the whole frag is the same color so I’m assuming it’ll look that way as a large colony too.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not... you’re in the matrix. :p

Thanks bud! It really is stupid nice. If we actually based coral value on just looks... this would be one of the most expensive in the collection.
I recently got a frag of this from Ty, and it really is amazing. I absolutely love it! Here's the frag the day it came in.

RR Firecracker.jpg

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That name actually drives me nuts. Having to write that each time... sigh.

I think the Brain Freeze will be based on how the frag is coloring. We all know the frags showcase the best looking parts of a colony... the tip. But the whole frag is the same color so I’m assuming it’ll look that way as a large colony too.
Try BC I can't Believe We Have to Meld With Other Demons...or as I call it BC ICBWHTMWOD
BC ICBWHTMWOD DT resize.jpg

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fleshdunce my dude, it's a Dead Kennedys reference, Adam must have a little bit of punk rock in him.

I'd love to see a photo, always nice to make sure I'm on the right track!
He does have some punk in him. I talked to him about this. It's also where the name Battle Corals came from. He used to be in a punk band.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a frag of this from Ty, and it really is amazing. I absolutely love it! Here's the frag the day it came in.

RR Firecracker.jpg
Wait until it’s a colony! All that beautiful blood red with the bright green polyps and the white tips to the branches. Perfection!

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fly by the seat of my pants with the food. I just go to my local grocery store and see what nice selection of fish they have, add shrimp, squid, shellfish, oysters, and whatever seafood mix I can find at the Asian market. The orange stuff is fish roe for sushi... I just rinse until it washes most of the added sugar and food dye out of it.

I then add thawed mysis of various sizes and thawed bloodworms to the mix.

The squid I tried to blend as well as I could. It’s tough. The fish I chop into small squares and do a light blend to cut it slightly smaller. I don’t go full blend on it... it’ll go to mush otherwise.... same with the shrimp.

The rest I mix together and don’t blend. Made the mistake of blending everything when I first did this and my fish ate fish meal porridge for several months because of it. They still haven’t forgiven me for that.
Always interesting to see how others are doing it. I grab a frozen seafood blend from costco and add Selcon, mysis, white fish and seaweed. I often wonder how important it is to have so many different ingredients. When I started the hobby a long time ago the fish seemed perfectly healthy on pellets and mysis. I think we care about our fish more than ourselves some times :p

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back