OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s late and Friday night but I feel like I owe everyone some pictures. Fresh out of the digital darkroom...

Diabolic Pacman
F8B0F9BC-555B-4BF5-913F-F3E140B3C4D8.jpeg

That sweet new echinata that’s being imported lately
E3FE71AE-230A-4162-9F70-3B6929B1C895.jpeg

CC Bahama Mama (was a stump for 2 years with no growth)
B01579E4-10CE-400E-9648-47DABC3DA9EA.jpeg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummm, ya know Ty, I think I need to make sure you have my address in case you need somewhere to store some frags.
Likewise, I’ll make sure you have my PayPal in case you need to store some cash. :D

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always love coming and looking at the pictures of your corals. Thanks for all the time you put into getting them up here. The purple dragon eyes is my favorite out of that last batch.

I know I will probably be run off by everyone else in this thread for being appreciative and not just demanding more pics so I guess I better disappear for a while. ;Lurking

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always love coming and looking at the pictures of your corals. Thanks for all the time you put into getting them up here. The purple dragon eyes is my favorite out of that last batch.

I know I will probably be run off by everyone else in this thread for being appreciative and not just demanding more pics so I guess I better disappear for a while. ;Lurking
giphy.gif

I run off sarcasm and playful abuse. How dare you be genuinely thoughtful and appreciative right to my online face! :eek:

Jokes aside... thank you sir. Keeps me going.
giphy.gif

mitten_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tyree Purple Dragon Eyes starting to get it’s purple back after getting roasted in 450 par.
31492CF8-147F-4FA4-BFDD-7FE52D9FEDA2.jpeg

LRO Lunar Lemonade
C106B78D-E1DD-4B6F-A8B7-F69198A729AF.jpeg

PRC Starburst
23288AFA-4335-4D2B-9BC3-C3F99A3C3E04.jpeg

I'm sensing a bit of theme in this post (similar color w/ slight variations) but 3 unique growth forms.

I say, bring on more comparisons shots like these please. I think you still owe ones on all the yellow acros you mentioned a while back...

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I just throw pretty pictures up here and only occasionally talk about the tank but I thought this interesting and useful. I know... half you guys are already asleep. Bear with me! ;)

I run a calcium reactor and also run kalk in my ATO. Main reason I ran kalk was for additional dosing (my old MTC Pro Cal calcium reactor was the best calcium reactor I ever ran but it was getting a bit undersized for my additions andacro volume) and to maintain a higher pH. Well now that I have the Dastaco calcium reactor rated for 500 gallons, I’m not so worried about kalk helping supply more calcium and alkalinity. I do still employ it to maintain a higher pH.

Anyways, long story... I’ll babbling already. I didn’t realize my kalk lowered my Mg so much. I always had quickly declining Mg but thought maybe due to consumption by corals but the other day, I forgot to refill my ATO for a bit and when I finally did and added kalk to it, it dosed a bunch to the tank to make up the loss water. I saw a direct result of my kalk dosing... my Mg dropped very quickly with the burst of kalk ATO added to my system.

221CE49C-BC71-4EB5-A002-F5C3AD301182.jpeg

Guess I’ll have to add a doser with Mg solution now! I think it’s worth it to maintain a higher pH. Anyways, just wanted to share. Moral of the story, kalk lowers your Mg. ;)

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I just throw pretty pictures up here and only occasionally talk about the tank but I thought this interesting and useful. I know... half you guys are already asleep. Bear with me! ;)

I run a calcium reactor and also run kalk in my ATO. Main reason I ran kalk was for additional dosing (my old MTC Pro Cal calcium reactor was the best calcium reactor I ever ran but it was getting a bit undersized for my additions andacro volume) and to maintain a higher pH. Well now that I have the Dastaco calcium reactor rated for 500 gallons, I’m not so worried about kalk helping supply more calcium and alkalinity. I do still employ it to maintain a higher pH.

Anyways, long story... I’ll babbling already. I didn’t realize my kalk lowered my Mg so much. I always had quickly declining Mg but thought maybe due to consumption by corals but the other day, I forgot to refill my ATO for a bit and when I finally did and added kalk to it, it dosed a bunch to the tank to make up the loss water. I saw a direct result of my kalk dosing... my Mg dropped very quickly with the burst of kalk ATO added to my system.

221CE49C-BC71-4EB5-A002-F5C3AD301182.jpeg

Guess I’ll have to add a doser with Mg solution now! I think it’s worth it to maintain a higher pH. Anyways, just wanted to share. Moral of the story, kalk lowers your Mg. ;)
Still following your great thread! So you are using the trident for your main tank but still using alkatronic for your frag system right? I am thinking about the alkatronic for my display. Mostly because I don’t need ca and mg tested very often and want to DIY my calibration solution. I do have an apex though. Also, I travel a lot so less maintenance is important. Is alkatronic a good choice for me?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sensing a bit of theme in this post (similar color w/ slight variations) but 3 unique growth forms.

I say, bring on more comparisons shots like these please. I think you still owe ones on all the yellow acros you mentioned a while back...
You give me too much credit. I just clicked 3 pretty pictures and posted like a Neanderthal. This pretty! Me likey!

The comparison for the yellows will have to wait until I clear some space for frags. Got a couple orders I need to ship out ASAP so I can recover some space.;)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back