OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Disney is amazing. Much better color than mine.

Do you have any SC Orange Passion? If so, can you share a pic of that?
My WD was green for a bit when i first got it and then went a nice yellow and stayed that way.

Sexy Corals Orange Passion
Blues with T5 on
3DEBC5EC-27EE-4FDE-9EE9-0FEBB52682FD.jpeg

All blues
EE60E785-2304-4CDF-ACE5-C726DB23D738.jpeg

Full Spectrum

1EA17B76-75FC-4695-8DF6-56F2082931D2.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mind blown amazing tank, what salt are you using and how do you keep track of all the coral names. also after reading this thread my finger hurts.:D
Thank you! I wasn't really doing water changes much so I was just using Coralife when needed. I wouldn’t recommend it... Mg is ultra low... like 1,000 ppm consistently.

Now that I’m running the Dastaco Calcium reactor and their media which is only Ca/alk.... no other trace elements... I’ve started to do regular water changes to supplement trace. I use good ol’ Instant Ocean now.

Always fun to see someone burn through the thread on a “like” fest. I login and see 50 notifications. Lol. I appreciate the support.

I write the names on the plugs or tiles until I commit everything to memory. Its a useless skill but helps me when I can post and not have to flip a tile everytime to remember what it is.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My WD was green for a bit when i first got it and then went a nice yellow and stayed that way.

Sexy Corals Orange Passion
Blues with T5 on
3DEBC5EC-27EE-4FDE-9EE9-0FEBB52682FD.jpeg

All blues
EE60E785-2304-4CDF-ACE5-C726DB23D738.jpeg

Full Spectrum

1EA17B76-75FC-4695-8DF6-56F2082931D2.jpeg
Dude you are thorough. Great pics. I have more work to do with both of these. Growing well under T5 but not quite the same color pop just yet. Darn patience.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That lady in pink looks pretty sweet, and that cricket spine is starting to take off. Looks like its going to go nuts really soon.
Yeah, I’m ready for that Lady in Pink to grow out a bit. Really like the large corallites.

Cricket spine has been threatening to blow up soon... I’m just waiting with excitement.

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I’m ready for that Lady in Pink to grow out a bit. Really like the large corallites.

Cricket spine has been threatening to blow up soon... I’m just waiting with excitement.
I do remember you posting a pic of the cricket spine a little while ago and we all said the same thing lol. Just out of curiosity, have you heard of anyone using the KZ coral system line?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do remember you posting a pic of the cricket spine a little while ago and we all said the same thing lol. Just out of curiosity, have you heard of anyone using the KZ coral system line?
Yeah, it was about to explode and then I added the denitrator. Everything kind of slowed to a halt until adjusting to the lower nitrate levels. Now it seems everything is waking back up and firing on all cylinders again. I’ve recently moved my Dastaco dial back to the same number prior to the denitrator... basically telling me uptake is back where it was before I added it.

I don’t. KZ has been around for awhile. I’m sure there are some people that still use it.

thelars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the kind words! 2020 Is starting to look like a good year already! Helps that my birthday is tomorrow too! [...] Woohoo!
dang that quote did not age well :oops:

Just browsing trough the thread and trying to catch up...really nice to see the progress over years...your selection of corals is one "dang" moment after another for me..keep it up

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back