OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck man! Those colonies are huuuuge!
Thank you! It’ll fun to try to reglue the colonies in the new structure with all that weight.

Welp, it’s empty. I’ll clean up the sandbed a bit, and toss in the new rock. May not be inspired to aquascape it yet but we’ll see. That old man back is barking at me.
50781FB5-72B2-4E69-B9E5-1FC4225B5582.jpeg

Ugin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! It’ll fun to try to reglue the colonies in the new structure with all that weight.

Welp, it’s empty. I’ll clean up the sandbed a bit, and toss in the new rock. May not be inspired to aquascape it yet but we’ll see. That old man back is barking at me.
50781FB5-72B2-4E69-B9E5-1FC4225B5582.jpeg

That little flame angle be like "Bro, what?"

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The real word: dumb

But this is unfortunately how I work. Once I’m inspired, it’s go time. Haha.
Were you ghost feeding that rock? Does it likely have any stored PO4?

I ask because my replacement rock had no phosphate stored. So, of course, it bound up the little bit I had in the system. Thankfully, I can smell a dino a mile away so I figured this out before my sticks started to complain. Dosed it up and ran UV and everyone was fine. Just another random thought to cloud your thinking on this exercise. :)

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you ghost feeding that rock? Does it likely have any stored PO4?

I ask because my replacement rock had no phosphate stored. So, of course, it bound up the little bit I had in the system. Thankfully, I can smell a dino a mile away so I figured this out before my sticks started to complain. Dosed it up and ran UV and everyone was fine. Just another random thought to cloud your thinking on this exercise. :)
Yes, it was mixed with some rocks from my sump this whole time in the tub and I added some fish and snails into that tub and fed with lights on. It was basically a rudimentary running tank in the tub for the past 7-8 months. Good point to make though bud. There’s always some impact to the nutrient loading of the rocks or lack of nutrients when it impacts your already balanced system. I’ll be monitoring daily to see what scenario I end up with.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too much for you to clean the power heads while you were in there :rolleyes:

Pretty impressive you got done that fast.
I get limited kid-free time. Got to make use of what I got… powerheads didn’t get the nod. :(

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to be “releasing the kraken” this week and adding it to the rock structure. Let it find its happy place and then glue coral colonies around it. Blue gig came in last year roughly about the size of a silver dollar pancake.
66A2C90C-21FD-4B44-92A0-B91B3AABA1B6.jpeg

mitten_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to be “releasing the kraken” this week and adding it to the rock structure. Let it find its happy place and then glue coral colonies around it. Blue gig came in last year roughly about the size of a silver dollar pancake.
looks like a tiny basket :shrug:

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think I’m allowed to say what it looks like to me

Signed
Guy that performs laser hair removal for a living

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally clicked on this thread and first picture I see is the empty barren tank. I was so confused, haha!
Man, those sps colonies are the business. I told myself I wouldn't try sps since they sounded too finicky, but it's tanks like yours that make me want to attempt them

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally clicked on this thread and first picture I see is the empty barren tank. I was so confused, haha!
Man, those sps colonies are the business. I told myself I wouldn't try sps since they sounded too finicky, but it's tanks like yours that make me want to attempt them
Nothing like tubs of rock and empty sandbed to make you wonder what on earth is going on here. :D

SPS is like juggling on a unicycle. When it’s going good, you feel like a bad-lass (haha, got around you filters) and king of the world. When it isn’t, you’re all bruised up laying on the ground wondering what just happened.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 48 82.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back