FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seen in the other post you mentioned banking corals with friends. Do you charge for the frag when you do that?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, growth shot since everything has been happy since the beginning of the year.

Feb 6 - April 18th... Roughly 2.5 months. I frag so much it's hard to do these growth shots but this one was on my do not frag list so good one to track growth. [emoji16]
4734e56f00803ef7e813dd909fcc2b5a.jpg
1cc6d4d24acb8e92b7493daff2bc989b.jpg

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd be more than happy to bank a CSB for you. I will pm you my address:)

Jeremy K.A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats your turnover rate in this tank? I have a 55 gallon tank with roughly 30x turnover using Powerheads since it's a sumpless/skimmerless tank. I was thinking of upgrading to something more but not sure yet

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be more than happy to bank a CSB for you. I will pm you my address:)
Yeah, give me your address Sang! I'll come collect some CSBs from your house... Uhh... I mean drop some off!
Great growth. :)
Thanks Najer! Its hard to notice with so many pieces unless you directly look back at old pics and compare to current pics.
I seen in the other post you mentioned banking corals with friends. Do you charge for the frag when you do that?
We're just buds so we essentially trade and that's our form of banking. Got 3 peeps in town I do this with.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats your turnover rate in this tank? I have a 55 gallon tank with roughly 30x turnover using Powerheads since it's a sumpless/skimmerless tank. I was thinking of upgrading to something more but not sure yet
I've honestly never calculated it. I have a Jaebo 12000 as a return pump but only half the flow makes it back to the DT as the rest goes through the manifold to various reactors and the frag tank.

For circulation pumps, 2 Jaebo WP40s at various pump settings throughout the day as well as 2 Ecotech MP60s at various programs throughout the day as well.

I have a closed loop circuit with a Sicce 3 pump running my giant UV as well.

lakereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is a gold mine of pictures and info. Well done! I'll need to spend some time looking through more of it.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is a gold mine of pictures and info. Well done! I'll need to spend some time looking through more of it.
Thanks Lakereef! I try to share my goof ups and lessons learned when I can... I'm bad about documenting sometimes. Pictures are always fun and I'll do my best to document what lighting is under. I know with all the actinic/gel filtered shots these days, a new reefer could get intimidated and wonder why their corals don't look like that... When really it's just photography magic in my opinion.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, just realized I'm getting your bloody Mary stag from Boom at the end of the month. Just made the connection on who you are! I'm excited about that one!

Any tips on placement? Par? Flow?

lakereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, just realized I'm getting your bloody Mary stag from Boom at the end of the month. Just made the connection on who you are! I'm excited about that one!

Any tips on placement? Par? Flow?

Oh yup that’s from me. Treat it like any acro. Lots of light and lots of indirect flow. I’m sure it’ll do well for you. Definitely one of my favorites!

lakereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It's so unique I just had to have it!

I know how that goes. I’m the same way. Plus when it comes to acros the hairier the better. It seems more like a milli than a stag but I’m assured it’s a stag.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know how that goes. I’m the same way. Plus when it comes to acros the hairier the better. It seems more like a milli than a stag but I’m assured it’s a stag.
I wondered the same at first if it was a milli just because it was so hairy! I don't get polyp extension sadly... These 5 angels are anti-polyps!
7fd0355cd7c5bbc5d49d65fa6df5eff5.jpg

lakereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wondered the same at first if it was a milli just because it was so hairy! I don't get polyp extension sadly... These 5 angels are anti-polyps!
7fd0355cd7c5bbc5d49d65fa6df5eff5.jpg

Seems worth it though as they’re really beautiful. I have a regal in on of my displays as well and have the same problem.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems worth it though as they’re really beautiful. I have a regal in on of my displays as well and have the same problem.
I love regals! Just stunning, I'll trade polyps any day for them!

Maybe I should run another tank sans angels with only the hairiest of the hairy acros in it. For now, I'll just enjoy my frag tank.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I love regals! Just stunning, I'll trade polyps any day for them!

Maybe I should run another tank sans angels with only the hairiest of the hairy acros in it. For now, I'll just enjoy my frag tank.

I want to buy a regal as I had one before but like you said the polyps go insanely down, my personal opinion I dont think it is worth it. How much better is the PE in your frag tank without the angels compared to the DT?

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back