FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First frag with the new clippers and plugs.

Not too shabby.
PSX_20180802_125224.jpg
ooooh...do I see my name written on that????? ;Smuggrin

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much would a grandis paly polyp be in the States, I love them but my lfs wants $30 a polyp, sounds expensive to me?
I need to come sell my colony over there! Mine has 30-40 heads. I think I paid like $20 for two heads.
$10/polyp is about right in our area of the States.

They are also the same polyps that put me in the ER for palytoxin poisoning, so I don't have them anymore. Wife's orders... And after how I felt, I was glad to comply.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$10/polyp is about right in our area of the States.

They are also the same polyps that put me in the ER for palytoxin poisoning, so I don't have them anymore. Wife's orders... And after how I felt, I was glad to comply.
Whoa, you got palytoxin poisoning? What happened?

I was about to tell that guy dont get too excited those are one of the most dangerous palys.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa, you got palytoxin poisoning? What happened?

I was about to tell that guy dont get too excited those are one of the most dangerous palys.
I didn't ever see you say you were poisoned :eek:! That's pretty scary.
Yeah, I think I posted a separate thread about it. Fragged some palys... Thought I'd use my new fancy coral saw... Basically sent the palytoxin into the air... Poisoned both me and my dog... He vomited profusely and shook the whole time... I couldn't regulate my temperature, felt pain throughout my body but specifically my joints, cramping, muscle twitches, nausea... It was not fun times.

He spent overnight at a vet for observation, I spent the night at the ER. $2200 later, I learned a valuable lesson and got the stink eye from my wife for a week after that. Deal was to continue reefing, had to remove anything that could kill me from the tank... So no zoas/palys of any kind... Which was easy for me as I had moved all zoas and palys to the sump already and just kept them to frag.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow you didn't even get sprayed in the eyes or nothing, all from just cutting and getting in the air. Sounds like it was pretty rough. When you went to the ER did you tell them what it was?
Inhalation is one of the more direct routes of exposure... More than just dermal contact.

I told them exactly what it was and also brought them a printout of another known case in Alaska. [emoji23]

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love a frag of that voodoo majick. Such nice colors and polyp extension.
It was never on my radar as something to get but took a flyer on it at a frag swap and I'm glad I did. What an amazing piece under white and under blue lights. In today's market, it should really be a $200-$300 frag but luckily you can get it for a lot less!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that name BC Hung's Truly Unbelievable made me laugh, but it's a great looking piece.

Nice pictures.
I just repeat ridiculous names like a parrot... I try not to judge too much... Except reverse gorilla nipples zoas... What the heck?!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back