OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all! The potential culprits are either my biopellet reactor clogging up a bit with this odd bacteria and allowing nutrients to drift higher or my use of Flatworm Exit to kill off some brown planaria that have been more prolific lately with a rise in my pod population.

I've remedied the biopellets by cleaning out the reactor and restarting it. For the Flatworm Exit, ran extra carbon for a couple weeks as well as copious large water changes.

It's actually gotten a ton better the last two weeks as what didn't die turned completely brown. As of today... They actually all have color... Not to the level before but there's actually blue in the Oregon tort and green/yellow tips on the fox flame. I think I should be back in business within a month color wise.

Thanks for all your support!

Coling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This breaks my heart. Diesel has me fearing the Austin area Acro plague. Tempted to cancel my trip to Ohio next week so I can make sure my coral are okay.

Ty, I accidentally broke the Titanium tenuis frag I got from you and can give you the frag/nub I made (it's only about .5") if your colony doesn't bounce back. It has become one of my favorites.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ugh...problems seem to be going around right now in the AUS area...
I'm blaming you... you started it! :cool:
This breaks my heart. Diesel has me fearing the Austin area Acro plague. Tempted to cancel my trip to Ohio next week so I can make sure my coral are okay.

Ty, I accidentally broke the Titanium tenuis frag I got from you and can give you the frag/nub I made (it's only about .5") if your colony doesn't bounce back. It has become one of my favorites.
Thanks bud! The Titaniun Tenuis looks a ton better the last couple of weeks. I appreciate the offer man! Glad its treating you so well!

I'll get some updated pics soon so everybody can see the current status of the tank. Its not as depressing as all these pics I shared make it feel. I was just so depressed when it happened it took me this long to share the pics.

I just wanted to share the pics to keep it real. All our tanks have their ups and downs... the ones that persevere are the ones that get rewarded with a gorgeous tank. So keep pushing forward folks...

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So glad the tank is on the mend, and congrats on the soon to be blessed event!
Thank you! That's been my focus these days as the tank is recovering by itself... getting the new room ready for #2. We're excited to meet him in a couple months!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it’s turned around for you. The two frags I got from you are starting to look good. Still wondering which one of the two I am giving Minh this weekend?
Whichever one looks best on a string! You know how he likes to grow them! :)

Thanks Alton! Its turning around quick!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch, Ty...that hurts to see. I’ve got enough chips I can cut you a frag to have back! I think that’s the only one on your list I have from you.
Thanks bud! You're the man!
Hate to see this and so sorry it's happening :( . Hope that you'll be able to recover reasonably well, at least
Thank you! Tank has recovered nicely already. I'm about 70-75% back on colors right now and hopefully growth ramps back up again too. I just wanted everyone to see doom and gloom happens to everyone here and there.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bud! You're the man!

Thank you! Tank has recovered nicely already. I'm about 70-75% back on colors right now and hopefully growth ramps back up again too. I just wanted everyone to see doom and gloom happens to everyone here and there.
No more time off for the rest of the year!

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear things are improving. Pretty stark differences in those before and after shots...

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No more time off for the rest of the year!
I've cancelled all vacations until 2050.
Glad to hear things are improving. Pretty stark differences in those before and after shots...
I'm just glad the Thanos of reefkeeping didn't snap his fingers. More than half of the collection made it. Woohoo!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very glad things are on the upswing. Hopefully you'll never see something like that happen again.
Thank you! I'm working on planning a backup system so if it ever does... I'll have some backups in another tank and not have to fret so much. Unless the whole house goes down... :-(

Back