LRO Lunar Lemonade
F2A475F4-A045-4629-9389-865C16DF6D3D.jpeg

delandreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the new updates! Love seeing how great corals can look, gives me hope for my new tank.

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Trying out reef2reef interface for uploading a video. Anybody see anything?

I find with direct uploading to R2R it can take up to 30s for the video to render in before it starts playing. And once you upload it you have to close R2R and load back in again. I'm not sure what they go with that is but it definitely works fine :) Just a little slow haha

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find with direct uploading to R2R it can take up to 30s for the video to render in before it starts playing. And once you upload it you have to close R2R and load back in again. I'm not sure what they go with that is but it definitely works fine :) Just a little slow haha
Thanks for the tech support from down under! That is way beyond what my limited attention span can hold with uploading. I’m going straight to YouTube next time.

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ty, I missed the discussion on the Bill Murray last week. I just moved mine up to about 450 PAR last week. What do you have yours at?

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of your stuff seems to have incredible polyp extension! I get good growth and color but PE not so much. Thanks for the inspiration! I'll keep striving for high quality water and stability and hope for the same.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of your stuff seems to have incredible polyp extension! I get good growth and color but PE not so much. Thanks for the inspiration! I'll keep striving for high quality water and stability and hope for the same.
I think reefers have to be cognizant of the type of acro as well. Seeing polyps all over a tenuis, Mille, or hyacinthus is pretty much the standard as that’s just how those species are... super hairy.

I have a lot of acros that never show any polyps. Just how they are.

But if your Mille or tenuis not polyping out a lot, then maybe I’d wonder why.

Often just having enough feedings to spur polyp extension maybe it or perhaps some irritant such as too much par or potential pest nipping causing lack of polyps.

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think reefers have to be cognizant of the type of acro as well. Seeing polyps all over a tenuis, Mille, or hyacinthus is pretty much the standard as that’s just how those species are... super hairy.

I have a lot of acros that never show any polyps. Just how they are.

But if your Mille or tenuis not polyping out a lot, then maybe I’d wonder why.

Often just having enough feedings to spur polyp extension maybe it or perhaps some irritant such as too much par or potential pest nipping causing lack of polyps.
Yeah, it's the tenuis and millies that aren't extending as much as I see here (some, but not a ton). I did just remove a Potters Angel. Never caught him nipping but it is a possibility. We shall see...

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it's the tenuis and millies that aren't extending as much as I see here (some, but not a ton). I did just remove a Potters Angel. Never caught him nipping but it is a possibility. We shall see...
Probably a high chance he was nipping. The smaller angels seem to nip more than my large angels in my experience.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Back